fixing a warped floor after install is complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing a warped floor after install is complete

My Casa2G came with a slightly warped floor piece that presented a small lip on the left side. The corners of the pieces meet, but the mid section does not line up.

When I called Forno bravo about this, they said that this generally doesn't pose a problem, I asked about grinding it down, and they said don't that the floor surface was different than the inner block and that would be a bad idea.

I just got my peel, and while doing a curing fire, played with it a bit. It in fact seems to catch pretty bad. I feel like using a dremel to bevel the back tile would help immensely - does anyone have any advice on this?

[sorry - photo is posting upside down, but side closer to fire has lip]

-Preston
    Last edited by ptone; 05-09-2011, 10:49 PM. Reason: noted photo orientation

Re: fixing a warped floor after install is complete

Hey ptone

I actually received two warped floor pieces. Luckily I spotted the problem before assembly and FB is replacing them. Seems that I read here that you can remove the pieces once assembled. If you can do that I would ask FB for a replacement for the warped piece.

Phil

Comment

Re: fixing a warped floor after install is complete

I'm going to see if I can remedy it first, FB contacted me off-forum. Their service so far has been top notch.

-P

Comment

Working...
      X