X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benny8
    replied
    Re: NH Oven Build

My daughter, Coli, and I got a chance to work on the outdoor kitchen area this weekend. We have an existing foundation for the oven base. We poured two auxiliary slabs for a counter to the right of the oven, and our under the counter smoker to the left of the oven. Our gas grill will also go to the left of the smoker/countertop and oven.

Leave a comment:

• Capt
    replied

Can't wait to see more pics!

Leave a comment:

• benny8
    replied

I did exactly that-cut it in half. I will post up more pics when I get the plaster set.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

By the look of it you could probably halve it.

Leave a comment:

• benny8
    replied

Thanks David-After looking at the pics, the entry is a little deeper than I want. I will be shortening it up. Thanks for the insight.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Do you have a reason for making the entry so deep?
    I think that the shallower the entry is the better. Working past a deep entry means tools with longer handles and more difficulty reaching into the back and sides. Don't forget that the top of the entry gets deeper because it joins the dome further back giving you more room. If you are casting the entry you are not constrained by the size of brick units.
    Also you will find that removal from the mould is made easier if you go a little less than a full half hemisphere.Nothing worse after spending lots of time on a mould to find the casting won't release.
    Last edited by david s; 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• benny8
    replied

Not sure to how post pics other than using photobucket.

Leave a comment:

• benny8
    started a topic NH Oven Build

NH Oven Build

Today we started our modular oven build. I have been reading a lot of posts on the forum and getting ideas. We have decided on a 30" oven. After seeing Ironpony's thread on his build, I have decided to make a form and cast my own pieces. My dad and I started making the interior form today. We cut pieces for inside the dome and the oven opening. We assembled them and ran some rebar wire to support the wire lath that will be covered with plaster. This will serve as the inside form.
    Last edited by benny8; 04-14-2013, 10:14 AM. Reason: pictures too big
Working...
X