Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum base size for Casa2G90

Hi folks,

I have a relatively small spot to fit the foundation for a new oven. I have ample room infront of the oven to access it, but there are concrete pavers infront and a concrete fence behind it so the size of my foundation and stand are limited. Specifically, I can fit a 56x56 foundation and the accompanying 56x56 stand made from concrete blocks. Ideally I'd like to install a Casa2G90.

It looks like the dimensions of the oven are 46x40. We then add on 3" at the back of insulation, and 3" of insulation to both sides, bringing up the total dimensions to 49x46. If we add an arch, we're looking at 53x46, which seems to fit on a 56x56 stand.

I would also think I could extend the hearth out slightly from the last block given that it would only be used as a landing and wouldn't be supporting much or any of the weight of the oven.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Re: Minimum base size for Casa2G90

I built our oven from the same kit and 56" width should be fine- my base is the same width and we have about 2" or 3" of clearance on the sides. Our oven takes up about 60" from front to back with only about 2" of clearance on the back side. This includes about a 2" brick on the front of the arch to cover the casting from the kit. As long as the top is secure to the base, don't think an overhang of 4-6" at the front to make the depth at least 60" would be an issue but others can chime in. Our base is 66" deep which gives a larger landing area but could make it work at about 60".

I think the biggest issue you may have is just being able to access the back of the oven to finish it- not sure what you're planning to cover it with but you'll want to account for that as well in the planning and also account for this on the sides and front of the base if you are going to cover it.

Good luck with the build!

BTW, here's a link to our build.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f7/w...ild-19435.html
    Last edited by davemartin88; 12-01-2014, 04:21 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Re: Minimum base size for Casa2G90

I've been in the stone & concrete industry for years. I'd agree with your previous response above. The only issue will be if you need to access the back, so you will need to have a good strategy You could just lay a hearth slab down and build yourself a dome on-top that could be accessed from all sides.
      Gale Stott | Aftec Concrete Fence Forming Systems

Comment

Working...
      X