Re: Hearth Height and operator ratio science!
See the following table
Oven area versus open area
Naples residential oven
Internal H Area Opening W Opening H Area Ratio
31.4 14.9 469.5 17.3 9.8 169.9 0.36
35.4 16.5 583.8 18.5 9.8 181.5 0.31
39.3 15.3 602.4 18.9 11.8 222.4 0.37
43.2 15.3 662.6 18.9 11.8 222.4 0.34
Tuscan residential oven (higher)
Internal H Area Opening W Opening H Area Ratio
35.4 19.7 695.0 18.9 12.2 229.8 0.33
39.3 19.7 772.2 18.9 12.6 237.2 0.31
43.2 19.7 849.5 18.9 12.6 237.2 0.28
47.2 22.0 1037.9 18.9 12.6 237.2 0.23
Commercial oven
Internal H Area Opening W Opening H Area Ratio
43.2 20.0 866.5 21.6 13.8 297.3 0.34
47.2 22.0 1037.9 21.6 13.8 297.3 0.29
51.1 23.6 1204.7 21.6 13.8 297.3 0.25
57.0 25.9 1478.1 21.6 13.8 297.3 0.20
62.9 24.8 1556.8 21.6 13.8 297.3 0.19
72.7 25.5 1857.2 21.6 13.8 297.3 0.16
Luis
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Hearth Height and operator ratio science!
Collapse
X
-
Hearth Height and operator ratio science!
WFO experts, another post made me wonder what a standard height for a WFO hearth should be. (Obviously a custom height shoulld be better for individual bakers based on their own height.)
My hearth is at 97cm or 38.2 inches and was predetermined by the manufacturer. I did not raise or lower it but I could have.
I'm 6 feet tall so the hearth to height ratio is 38.2 / 72 or .53
I have never felt my hearth needed to be higher or lower for me. I tend to look down on the pizzas cooking. But when I consciously look at it now, I think it could have been higher....maybe more chest level than waist. What do you think?
Want to compare your height and ratio?
James, what's considered standard?Tags: None





Leave a comment: