Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cement block stand help Casa 2G 90 (Gas control box install) URGENT HELP REQUEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cement block stand help Casa 2G 90 (Gas control box install) URGENT HELP REQUEST

Good morning from Denver. Most of my stand is complete and I am ready to form and pour a 3” slab for the top. Problem is making sure I am ready to mount the control box for the gas control unit. All of the photos that FB has sent me or that I have seen show the control box recessed. It is over 6” thick so not sure I want to surface mount it. Also, need to account fo getting access to the lines for install of gas lines etc. not sure if I should cut open block that has not had the core filled, mount it to the back wall of the brick so that it is recessed. Probably looks the best visually but the most complex for installing the gas lines. the other option which is easier, is to mount it in the top right corner of the wood storage opening. this would require a couple extra bends in the copper/stainless gas lines and the potential for wood banging into it. Also not as visually appealing. Here are some photos... please don’t judge too critically, never done masonry before. Hack job results may have made that last statement unnecessary. So the big ask is to show me how you installed your gas control box on a cement block stand... PLEASE.

Hi, I read the specs of your gas control box. Forno Bravo shows it mounted on their steel frame stand and I have not seen anything on how they mount it in a concrete block stand. Now if it were me I'd want to make sure I could remove it in case it needs servicing. I also would want it to be enclosed so it would be out of the elements and if I had children running around I'd want to make sure its locked. What about purchasing an aluminum box with a lockable hinged door. You will have to cut out the back/bottom or hole saw for your piping. You could recess the box into your stand mortar it in and then you can recess the unit in there and screw it to the box you installed making it removable. You would have to make sure the box would stick out enough to accept your veneer finish for it to open on its hinges. Its kind of elaborate and aluminum box would be more expensive than a galvanized steel box. Not sure this helped.

Ricky
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum. I moved your topic to the Forno Bravo Oven Installation section in case this question comes up again. I hope that another Casa owner can help you with your question. If not, you may need to contact Forno Bravo direct for a difinitive answer. Their Contact Us page has their business number and hours. You can also submit your question directly to their head of support by email on that page. They will get back with you promptly during their regular business hours.

Just in case you don't have them, here are couple of links.

The Forno Bravo Residential Gas Oven Support page.

The Installation Manual has some drawings and specs of your Casa 2G 90. You wiil have to scroll down through the pdf to find your size oven installed on a block stand with the gas burner. EDIT: Page 105. The drawings do show the control box recessed into the block stand.
      Last edited by Gulf; 08-29-2020, 04:43 PM.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks all, I started with FB and did not get much. That is fine. I got impatient and decided to just mount it to the top left corner of the opening of the wood storage. Not ideal but it will be fine. Here is what I got done today

Click image for larger version

Name:	3B84705D-DBF8-4107-B8D1-8FBC49496840.jpeg
Views:	313
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	429104

Comment

Impatients can sometimes lead to disappointment. Let us know how it works out.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
            Impatients can sometimes lead to disappointment. Let us know how it works out.
            I totally get that. but I think the solution is workable and was getting no where on how to mount a 5.25" thick control panel in an 8" thick block in a way that keeps stability and gives access to remove it and install the lines.

Comment

Hello BobBarley - For gas installs that do not use a bolt-on Cucina stand, you do have to take your desired look, mounting points & access in mind. As Chach mentions, you should certainly mount it in a way that gives you the ability to service the box in the future. For your specific installation, I've attached a few photos that show the burner control box mounted on the top left corner of the wood storage that would work for you without cutting into your stand and still provide access.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gas Casa00002.png Views:	0 Size:	20.5 KB ID:	429237 Click image for larger version  Name:	Gas Casa00003.png Views:	0 Size:	19.9 KB ID:	429238
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Alex. Images are super small so hard to see but that is what I was thinking . Have you had any reported problems though? I think that the box looks pretty stout and should handle that location. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BobBarley View Post
                  Thanks Alex. Images are super small so hard to see but that is what I was thinking . Have you had any reported problems though? I think that the box looks pretty stout and should handle that location. Thanks.
                  No problems reported from mounting at this locations. Gives you the access you need and provides much less hassle regarding the installation.

Comment

Working...
                  X