qiardano oven on cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qiardano oven on cart

i have a heavy duty cart rated for 1200 pounds. i want to build a portable oven using the new giardino oven . my cart is 36 inches wide . 48 inches long. i am building an enclose out of metal . the out side of the enclosure will bolt into the out side of the cart. the giardino is 31 inches leaving me 2.5 inches in each side. if i can condense three layers of forno bravo blanket in will that be enough insulation?

Re: qiardano oven on cart

thezaman.

if i can condense three layers of forno bravo blanket in will that be enough insulation?
    This should be avoided because it is the air that is held or trapped within the insulative material that provides the bulk of the insulation.
    I can't see why you can't squash your oven out of the traditional circular shape and make it a little more oval or eliptical to fit on your cart, but the weight will be a major factor to consider. The cart is rated to carry 1200 lbs but all the time and maybe more??? I would have my doubts on its life expectancy, better to build one specifically for your intended weight and ideal size.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

thanks for you reply, if i extend my width and can get three inches in without compression will that be enough insulation? the oven engine is rated at 250 pounds i am not going to use refractory materials. i am going to build the housing out of stainless steel. the weight will be well under the rated 1200 pounds

Comment

A good quality superwool thermal insulation of 2" is the recommended installation or 4" vermiculite cement.
        If you can prevent the compression of the insulation, then go for it!

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

the cart has been ordered, it has been beefed up to 1200 pounds per shelf the s.s cover is being built at 37.5 inches by 24 inches high. the giardano is in transit. i hope this works!

Comment

Hey thezaman,

I know you know this -- the Giardino comes with 3 x 1" of FB Blanket on top, so you should be in good shape for heat retention and the outer enclosure staying cool.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

james, i was going to use three inches on the sides and four on top.is that overkill? also i have seen instuction by others that glue the first layer to the dome with hi temp glue. is that something that you recommend?

Comment

Hey thezaman,

Given the use you are going to be giving the oven, the 4" insulation on top seems like a good idea.

I don't think you you need to glue the insulation to the dome -- just hold everything in place with stucco lathe.

James
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

james, i am having a s.s cover being built for this oven .it will be like the modena. i am going to fasten the insulation with wire. i wanted to glue the first layer to give me a good base to apply the upper layers.

Comment

Take a look at everything when it arrives. The Modena blankets are not glued on. The s.s surround sounds cool -- I'm looking forward to the photos.
                    James
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

the dome showed up today. i am going to use a metal cover over the dome.i am getting this done at a local shop. i need to determine the height of the cover i have two inches of floor insulation . i need to know if the layer of sand is needed if so i have to account for the height of the sand. so far i am looking at the dome height plus two inches for the floor insulation, 4 inches for the blanket and possibly 3/8 inch for sand. is the sand used to level the floor ann extra insulation?

Comment

thinking about the question the sand doesn't the height of the dome but the height of the floor. without it the doom will be to high from the floor

Comment

is the sand used to level the floor ann extra insulation?
                          No, the sand has no insulation value. It is the minimal amount you need to level the floor.
                          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

i have all of the parts to assemble my portable oven. i have a few questions on parts and assembly . question one; there are two bags of mortar included a small and large bag. which is the high temp mortar and what is the other?
                            in looking at the assembly guide i doesn't look like there was any sand under the floor should i use it ? i want a low dome so the sand will raise the floor . if you do not use sand should the floor be mortared to the insulation.

Comment

If your floor sits flat on the insulation, you don't need it. If it wobbles, you need a leveling agent.
                              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
                              X