Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Pizza, Test Oven, Propane Powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single Pizza, Test Oven, Propane Powered.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I built this test oven on my 2 burner gas cooking cart from Academy.(Item#: 14006555,Style#: OGDBC-01,SKU: 0267-40037-0001) The burner setup is exactly like it comes, except I removed the screw in venturi from the right hand side burner and pointed it up into the gas range burner. The cooking cart already had seperate L and R controls. I hope this helps, my intention wasn't to confuse anyone, just to get directly to testing and cooking. Anybody have ideas for a simple adjustable dough sheeter?

Comment

Pretty cool, smple and it does the job, can't ask for more than that.

From what I've read it isn't a good idea to run the dough through a sheeter something similar due to the bubbles being pressed out of the dough and it would be counter productive, that being said it is a excellent idea. I think going with some kind of rolling pins (here are some non stick type)
      Teflon Non-Stick Rolling pin. Large Collection of Rolling Pins in Sydney - Food Utensils
      and adapting some type of sprocket or pulley to one end with a rotisserie motor should do the trick.

Comment

Comment

I finally had a chance to start working on my test oven, here are a couple of pictures of what I have so far.
          aluminum sheet metal enclosure and kiln shelving.
          (I kind of slapped it together so it will not look store bought but hopefully will function as expected)

Now I will install the insulation on the top and fabricate the bottom shelf for the rotisserie motor.

Comment

Fabricated a removable top and installed the insulation.

first layer of insulating blanket.

second layer..

and a removable top!

Comment

Sweet! Will the burner be anywhere close to the aluminum where it is unlined with the shelving?

Are you bending the aluminum by hand or do you have a break?

Nice and shiny, gonna have to get some bling too.

Comment

I'm thinking of having a burner directly under the turntable and two more facing the top stone, I'm still in the planning stages of burner set up.
                Last edited by JoeyVelderrain; 07-20-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I attached the turntable support shelf but I am out of time, have to return to work on the BP incident. I shall return in about a month or so...

Comment

ok, fast forward a couple of months and I have tested the oven to see how the home made burners burned and the turn table operated.

video 1

Verdict:

video 2

Turn table
                    The turntable worked great and did not over heat, I did notice that the shelf that holds the rotisserie motor gets hot and tends to sag, I will need to re enforce it somehow.

Home made burners
                    The home made jets are burning with entirely too much soot, it is obviously an air to propane mixture problem. I am looking at a commercially available replacement for these. A problem will be that there is a size limitation inside the oven.
                    Last edited by JoeyVelderrain; 11-04-2010, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Maybe these would work.

A simple homemade propane burner

Comment

You could test using the propane burner from a turkey cooker -a Southerner will know what that is
                        Lee B.
                        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I have started working on test oven 2.0 since I melted the last one. This one will be made out of steel and I am sacrificing my dolly so it will be chest high and be portable instead of tabletop. I will post build pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X