• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: Veraci-style clay oven materials advice

G'day
    Why don't you investigate using 50/50 high temp ciment and grog ethier cruched firebrick or crusher dust (powdered basalt). It's been done before no clay no cracks
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• daponte
    started a topic Veraci-style clay oven materials advice

Veraci-style clay oven materials advice

Hi all -

(Trying one last time to get this post through by removing urls...)

So I'm determined to build a mobile horno oven in the style of Veraci Pizza's. It seems I can't add urls as first-time poster, so you'll need to google to see the style I'm talking about.

They don't share specifics, but their site says the ovens are a "refractory clay mixture" and I've heard through the grapevine that they are a mix of clay and cement.

I'm imagining that the process is similar to a Kiko Denzer-style build: a sand mold, covered over in a few layers, let to dry, and cured.

But I've read elsewhere that the more clay you have in a mix, the more cracking you're going to have. That doesn't seem to be the case with Veraci's, however, and I'd love more experienced builders' ideas on how to achieve this.

Once I get a reasonable idea what to mix with my clay (nice gray/green clay I'm harvesting), I'm going to do some testing out of different mix ratios.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
Working...
X