X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokosuka dweller
    replied
    Hello Mullster,

Looking good. I also did a 32" dome, or exact it was more like 31,5", plenty of size for my small family. I can't administer more than 1 pizza at a time anyway and it's big enough (oven opening) to do bread or dutch oven roast as well.

On your concrete, I'd say keep it covered with plastic (or indeed water) for at least a week, sprinkle the concrete from time to time so it stays wet, that way it cures harder. Once it changes colour from green to more grey/white it should be cured enough to start building the stand.

Leave a comment:

• Mullster
    started a topic Finally decided on 32in castable dome

Finally decided on 32in castable dome

Well after great advice and encouragement from DavidSUtahBeehiver ive finally switched plans for a 4th time! Started very unwisely with a gym ball vermiculite dome on a movable stand (hoping to do it on the cheap), to the same dome on a decent fixed base, to a brick Pompeii (despite lacking most of the tools) to finally deciding on a castable dome. I think I’m going to be able to make it 32 inch ID and still have sufficient space either side on the hearth.
    Had the foundation slab poured today into my two section base - the front piece is simply for standing and because I didn’t want a step straight from the grass. It won’t hold any weight (other than mine).
    Looking forward to sharing and learning with you all.

So a question - concrete was poured at 1030 Friday morning - how long do I need to resist before building the stand on top? A week?

Working...
X