X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bend, Oregon USA 29" interior Floor

Originally posted by 100million View Post
    I am the master builder
    You need more post's to be a Master Seriously Chris - looks awesome. Great job. The way you built it I am sure the road trips will do no harm.

Les...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Well we are doing 3 events this week.

We did our first one tuesday at the welding shop.....6 pies
      Today we are doing another test run at the logo and signage shop
      Tomorrow we will do the bigger event at lumber yard ....customer appreciation day

Check out our website (still under construction) bendpizza.com
      Facebook bend pizza
      Twitter bendpizza

Comment

Well we lettered our trailer thought you would like to see it
        Last edited by 100million; 05-14-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Chris - how is everything holding up, now that you have gone mobile? Looks great.

Les...

Comment

Chris,
            Your set up looks great. Did you end up putting shocks on the trailer
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David and Les

The set up is great BUT.....The oven Fell apart the first time going down the road. I AM PISSSED......I should of listened to all the other comments..................

I AM just kidding

The trailer is perfect so far (knock on wood) I really dont feel I have to knock on wood but oh well I did....

I did not put shocks on it. The oven weighed 1540 lb or 700 kilos...This is ONLY from the 3" x3" angle iron that I made my floor of the oven up (does not include the trailer)... I have never weighed the whole thing. I think it weighs about 3000 lb or 1363 kilos.

I put one single axel on it that is 3500 lb or 1590 kilo as you auzzie would call it. I have talk to alot of trailer companies that make trailers.....and they all said this "YOU NEED TO MATCH THE AXLE" to the amount or weight you are carrying. If you have a 7000lb or 3181 kilos axle for my size oven it will ride to stiff and if you have a smaller axle like 2000 lb or 909 kilos it will bottom out. They all said that IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART in building a trailer. This does not mean that if your build is going to weigh 3500 lb you get a 3500 lb trailer you would need like a 4000 or 4500 lb trailer.

When I drive..... I just dont drive like A.J. Foyt or Travis Pastrana...

I can get the oven up to temp in about 1 hr and 15 minutes. The floor gets up to 500 F in about 20 minutes but it take longer to get the floor to 700 F.

The other thing is this in Oregon there are 4 kinds of permits you can get (1 personal chef....Take a cooler to a place and use all of there stuff and cook a meal) (2 temporary kitchen, this is pay $85.00 USD every time you go to and event or wedding or cater etc)
              (3 Mobile kitchen pay one time fee for the whole year....This is the hardest to get because everything has to be self contained) ( and 4 and resturant permit)

I got A Mobile Permit since the health inspector that the trailer was so nice and self contained. I have 12 volt refridge to keep food cool, I have 12 volt hand washing station to keep the water at 120 F. All the tables are stainless steel.

I want to thank all you Master builders and Il Pizzaiolo and any one else that gave me comments on the build.

I also think that this is the ONLY Mobile BRICK oven trailer in the U.S.A., If anyone know of a different one than I will recant my statement. I know the New yorker tried to build a brick oven twice BUT THAT WAS NOT REALLY A GOOD DESIGN, and he had to go to a steel oven I love the look of it now and especial the front door area.

I have FaceBook and twitter now an you all can look at my build and events.

If you could just become you friend in Facebook or Twitter that would be nice alos.

Bend Pizza | Facebook

Chris Richer (BendPizza) on Twitter

If anyone has any question just ask I would love to help. Or PM me with your Phone # and We can talk on the phone.....Becasue I hate to type

Chris
              Last edited by 100million; 05-16-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Sounds like it has worked outwell. Actually I still haven't put shocks on my trailer yet, but I do intend doing so. I hire mine out for private parties and always deliver and pick up myself and always drive it very carefully. I agree about matching the axle springs with the weight involved. Mine uses the standard trailer slipper springs and the weight (170Kgs) is about perfect so I was lucky that I guessed about right.For me this works well because I roll the oven on and off the trailer. That way I can use the trailer for other stuff.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Looks good,

can you tell me the angle you cut on the first row of the dome (the upright bricks)?

Thanks

Comment

My angle and your angle will be 100% different unless you are building the same floor height and doom height.

You have to lay the oven dome (side view) out on the table and figure out the angle for what you are building.

But if you really want to know ( I THINK IT WAS 14 degrees) if I can remember

I hope this helps

Comment

This is amazing, beautifully constructed!

Comment

Originally posted by 100million View Post
                        1. I made the cable system because....I am building the oven structural sound. This is becasue of portability. That is way I have a 16 gauge wire mesh acting as rebar. This is to help all the brick to not seperate.

2. I dont see a problem with heat transfered becasue metal expands when heated

1. I dont see a problem on melting or heat transfer. Because when metal gets hot it expands
                        Most steel has other metals added to tune its properties, like strength, corrosion resistance, or ease of fabrication. Steel is just the element iron that has been processed to control the amount of carbon. Iron, out of the ground, melts at around 1510 degrees C (2750?F). Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C (2500?F).
                        2. Yes it is made in my warehouse on pallets so my forklift can pick it up ( it is warm in side )

If you have any other questions ...feel free to ask

If all goes well this will be the FIRST WFO of its kind

Chris

Why did you decide to use the 16 mesh when it came to your wire mesh acting as Rebar? Did you test out any others?

Jon

Belleville Wire Cloth Co., Inc - Woven Wire Mesh | Wire Cloth | Stainless Steel Wire Mesh | Wire Cloth Strainer

Comment

Originally posted by joncro55 View Post
                          Why did you decide to use the 16 mesh when it came to your wire mesh acting as Rebar? Did you test out any others?

Jon
                          The reason why I used 16 gauge wire is because it was the strongest wire that you can work and keep the dome shape. then once i cut the wire in the doom shape I tied-wired the cuts together to make it strong

Are you building a mobile unit?

Comment

Well we went to Saturday Market and Sold 90 Pies with our Trailer

Here is one of our White Pies

Mozzarella & Ricotta Cheeses, Oregano, Basil, Infused Garlic Olive Oil, and Red Onions (NO Sauce)

You can go to Brick Oven Pizza - Bend, Oregon and see our website.

Comment

Chris, awesome job. Question: How do you know how many balls to make? Seems like it would be pretty much hit or miss on any given day. Do you start with X amount and start proofing more as the day goes on?

Les...

Comment

This is such an impressive mix of old and new. Great craftsmanship and some smart modern techniques.
                                WCD

My slow journey to pizza.
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ing-12769.html

Comment

Working...
                                X