Clear All

Re: Bend, Oregon USA 29" interior Floor

I hate to be the one to tell you...

http://www.openhearthpizza.com/
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

I've been looking at mobile versions for some time, and I often wonder how much of it is overkill. Knowing how much extra effort went into yours for travel, then seeing this latest one with seemingly nothing extra, makes me curious. Of course more is better in this case, I suppose, but more leads to cost usually. I can't get over how much they want for a new mobile oven on a trailer. That's a lot of pies!!! Seems like a homemade version helps you make money right there. (Not to mention I've emailed him multiple times and he's not responded.)
      My oven (for now):

Comment

Total ignorance on my part but what are the threads sticking out all over the dome?

Comment

Now that you've had some time with the oven, anything you would change?
          My oven (for now):

Comment

Chris,

How is the trailer holding up??

In reading the comments, the axle is uber important - I have bent a trailer Axel and it really sucks due to the excess tire wear, pulling and handling.

My thought was to make an integrated smoker and oven for events (pulled pork= bueno! Pulled pork pizza = NIRVANA!)

Do tell a bit more on your vent pipe - is it double or single wall?

Thanks

The other Chris (aka C5dad)
            Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Just curious, What are the layers on the steel frame? Is that hardi backer---mortar--fb board--and finally the cooking floor?

Comment

I'm really not trying to revive an old thread. But I just finished reading the whole thing and was wondering if you could tell us how it went. I know its been a long time and your website seems to be down. But just for historic reasons, it would be cool to know what went right, what went wrong (if anything) with the oven in a trailer.

Thank you!

Comment

Sky, I believe Chris got booted from the forum some time back. He may have morphed into someone else, not sure...
                  Check out my pictures here:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker View Post

I'm really not trying to revive an old thread. But I just finished reading the whole thing and was wondering if you could tell us how it went. I know its been a long time and your website seems to be down. But just for historic reasons, it would be cool to know what went right, what went wrong (if anything) with the oven in a trailer.

Thank you!
                    Hi Les

Thanks for keeping me up to date..... Sky the oven turned out fine and worked perfect..... If I was going to do it again .... MAYBE hehe.... I would not make a 29 in floor. IT IS WAY TO SMALL TO KEEP UP WITH CUSTOMERS.....

Comment

Originally posted by letmeno View Post

Just curious, What are the layers on the steel frame? Is that hardi backer---mortar--fb board--and finally the cooking floor?
                      hi letmeno

The floor was fire brick and below that was hardbacker just to hold the firebrick...... if I did it again I would use bricks on its edge..... THE FLOOR NEEDS MORE ABILITY TO HOLD HEAT..... I laid them flat...... It still worked perfect.... but with the bricks on its side it will retian heat easier and reheat the floor faster.......

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X