• BarryKeith
    replied
    Re: 42" Oven

Nice. I need to make a new door.

Leave a comment:

• doobie dee
    replied

Doors are finally finished, as is the chimney cap that I've been waiting to complete. By the way, bread in this thing has been such a kick to work on.

Happy cooking!

Leave a comment:

• BarryKeith
    replied

Nice, very nice.

Leave a comment:

• KraemerBAC
    replied

I love the whole project...well done

Peter

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

That build and finish work is some of the nicest I have seen. Very traditional European feel. Absolute stunner! Great job.

Leave a comment:

• doobie dee
    replied

Hot bread out of the oven...

Leave a comment:

• doobie dee
    replied

sorry for the late reply, just read it today. As for the chimney flashing, definitely there. We get a ton of weather here in Bend, and the stone is real. I was fortunate to have a friend own a masonry business so I could get the stone for cents on the dollar.

Leave a comment:

• Giodazip
    replied

doobie dee, not only do i like your oven, I love the whole lay out, fire pit, curved bench, fire place, even the steps in front of the wfo. The stone finish makes it look like to me that, that oven has been there for a couple of hundred years. Well done. I do have one question about your chimney. did you put any flashing around it to keep water from entering? Also, the stone is real stone, not cultered stone?

Leave a comment:

• BarryKeith
    replied

Nice, very nice

Leave a comment:

• doobie dee
    replied

More pix of the oven

Leave a comment:

• DrakeRemoray
    replied

We have not had a Best of the Month in a while (as far as I know), but I nominate that oven...very nice! I love all the counter space on the left and the fireplace too!

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• ggoose
    replied

Very nice...

Leave a comment:

• doobie dee
    replied

Almost done...finally. Just have a finish (Old World) stucco coat for the Brazilian Oven and have to pick out a rock for the top of the chimney. Everything else...DONE!

Leave a comment:

• Neal
    replied

This is a really nice looking oven and something that I hope to be able to do. Could you elaborate on how you created the offset in your inner arch? Did you notch single splits or are there two rows of the splits with the outer one being set higher than the inner?

You don't have any addtional pictures posted on a photo sharing website that you could link me to do you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X