Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40 inch corner install Pompeii oven (Country NSW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 inch corner install Pompeii oven (Country NSW)

Hey all
    Just starting to set up and do an install of a 40 inch corner install of a pompeii oven, i have looked on forums and books for great ovens and found the pompeii and looking forward to building (and posting to get feedback) my oven, which will be part of an outdoor kitchen setup, BBQ, Sink, Fridge and entertaining area.
    i have poured and about to set the besser block stand.
    Photos comming soon

Re: 40 inch corner install Pompeii oven (Country NSW)

Cool glad to see another Aussie having a go at the same time as me. I hope you make less mistakes than I have.

Comment

Hi Carneage and welcome aboard!
      There is a huge wealth of information available here and just ask and ye shall receive plenty of help, advice or help.
      Good luck with your build.

Cheers.

Neill

PS. Good to see yet another Aussie in this great forum.I have added you to my ever growing list.
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

hey thnks for the welcome, JD would you be able to share what mistakes you made so i can try not to make them too?

Comment

Mate have a plan before you start, I just started layng a slab bigger than I would need and then started tossing bricks on it. I am sure it will work out in the end but I have caused myself a few construction issues as I am not what you would call very handy.

You live out in the balloning capital of Australia right?

Here is a link to my build so far.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...html#post97748

Comment

I would also recommend the guys at Feild Furnace in Sydney they have everything you are going to need and take all the time you need to walk you through the process.

Comment

Hey Jd how did you know that one?
              i have contacted the guys at Feild Furnace and i am still waiting on a responce, i have the bricks and the concrete blocks, and am making the concrete i just need to get the vermiculite and the blanket for the insulation above and below, i was going to source the vermiculite locally and try the Feild Furnace guys for the blanket, i am still not sure if i use a indispensable tool or not, i have got the footings in and will (when the weather gets better) get the split faced besser blocks up and filled.
              Can any one tell me who is the best for the blanket and will ship to canowindra?
              also is there any vermiculite that is better than others
              thanks
              carneage

Comment

is there any vermiculite that is better than others
                Almost any vermiculite (or perlite) will work. There is a type of silicone treated vermiculite that we're warned off of, but some have used even this successfully.

Garden suppliers, and pool builders will have this stuff in large bags. (what is 4 cubic feet in french yards?)
                My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Hydroponic garden suppliers also deal in perlite and vermiculite.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Great!!! thanks for the advice

Comment

Hey all
                      i have now got the block stand all together i am impressed by the size and shape, next weekend i am going to make up the hearth, i have made up the top ring of the block stand with the lintel blocks to make a ring of reo'd concrete tied to the block work.

Comment

I have mixed (by Hand) all the concrete for the slab, next job is to mix the vermiculite for the insulation!!!
                        i will be able to get photos up tomorrow as the satellite internet i have here at home will not allow for good uploads to this site!!
                        i hope all have had a great weekend and got lots done
                        cheers
                        Carneage!!!

Comment

Man hand mixing sucks,

Comment

it does but now that it is over it is very easy... when you look at it you wonder where it all is but it is worth it!!

Comment

can any one tell me the ultimate mix for cement to vermiculite??

Comment

Working...
                              X