Concrete counters poured in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Concrete counters poured in place

"I always advise people to do at least a small test slab before tackling the real thing."

I agree completely with splatgirl on this. The process is not too difficult but some hands on experience first will pay off. Make some benches and patio blocks etc. Experiment with colour.

Comment

Exactly, I agree totally with experimentation and practice.

I have several small slabs from practice.

John

Comment

Thanks for all the advise, I will start the forms this weekend.
        Jag, I really like your build. Your arch is different and looks awesome and the door fits nicely. I the color glaze to put in the oven and then I will start on the counter.
        Not sure how long it will take, but I will for sure be using the oven even with forms in the way.

Cheers,
        Tom
        Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Hi, I assume that concrete counters(polished or otherwise) arent food safe? or am I wrong about this? Im loving the finishes I'm seeing on here and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try one. How do people get around this or are people preparing food directly ont he polished concrete?

Thanks

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by RichC View Post
            Hi, I assume that concrete counters(polished or otherwise) arent food safe? or am I wrong about this? Im loving the finishes I'm seeing on here and I'm pretty sure I'm going to try one. How do people get around this or are people preparing food directly ont he polished concrete?

Thanks

Richard
            They're totally food safe. Same as what many people put in their houses. I'm not certain why you think they would not be.
            My build progress
            My WFO Journal on Facebook
            My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Thanks Deejay, good to know. I had just assumed that Portland cement or plasticiser would have toxic chemical components to them

Comment

Working...
              X