Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome

I am interested to know while buliding the dome what holds the bricks in place at the angle that they sit?

Re: Dome

mud.... or a combination of mud and the indespensible tool (find here on the forum) Only when you get to the upper courses does that really come into play.

Good luck

Comment

Are the soldier bricks cut at an angle to start the enclosure?

Comment

They can be cut at an angle or you can just use a big wedge of mortar. lately some have been suggesting that the solider course is not needed at all.

You can also use a form to hold the bricks in place, but this makes it more difficult to get a clean neat dome...
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

see my thread if you want. I cut my soldiers at a 20 degree angle. Look for PizzaBob's build, it is way better. Also, go to youtube.com and search for Forno Bravo. See the first video, which shows how to build, using time lapse photos. To me, it seems like the whole dome is predicated on a well built inner arch. The dome rests upon this. I took the time to cut all my bricks using a compound cut, which was for the angle and the bevel, then because I did a crappy job on my arch, I also cut each brick from inner dome to outer, apparently known as the slope cut. But that youtube video is the best.

Good luck

Comment

I did not use soldiers. I laid the first 3 courses straight up.
            George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Originally posted by ThermoJax View Post
              see my thread if you want. I cut my soldiers at a 20 degree angle. Look for PizzaBob's build, it is way better. Also, go to youtube.com and search for Forno Bravo. See the first video, which shows how to build, using time lapse photos. To me, it seems like the whole dome is predicated on a well built inner arch. The dome rests upon this. I took the time to cut all my bricks using a compound cut, which was for the angle and the bevel, then because I did a crappy job on my arch, I also cut each brick from inner dome to outer, apparently known as the slope cut. But that youtube video is the best.

Good luck
              YouTube - Pompeii Pizza Oven Construction
              Is this the video?

Comment

Working...
              X