Crack in Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack in Vent

my pizza oven developed a crack in the vent - right above the door - do I need to worry about that? It even put a hairline crack in the flagstone on the top of the oven. I have attached a picture (I hope) so you can see the oven. what do I need to be concerned about?

Re: Crack in Vent

Can you post a close up picture of the crack?

Nice looking outside area are you have there

Bottom line for me would be to keep the oven dry inside....Does the crack compromise your dry envelope for the oven? Does the crack cause a smoke leak that bothers you?

I don't have experience with a cracked oven but have read several threads here about patching cracks, you might do a search on fornobravo for 'crack' and read up on the experience of others here

Sorry you had to wait so long for a reply.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

We have been using it with no problems. The crack has not gotten any larger and it is outside of the cooking area (actually, there may be a small crack inside by the door). It really has not impacted it at all, so I think we will just leave it alone. Thanks for the reply! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Bauchert View Post
        We have been using it with no problems. The crack has not gotten any larger and it is outside of the cooking area (actually, there may be a small crack inside by the door). It really has not impacted it at all, so I think we will just leave it alone. Thanks for the reply! :-D
        The crack probably happened on a weekend during the races over by the Interstate
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
          you might do a search on fornobravo for 'crack' and read up on the experience of others here
          I'm affraid if you do that you will get one gazillion hits. I don't think anything has been discussed more than cracks.

Bauchert,
          I think your approach works - if it's not causing any issues, leave it alone.

Les...
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
          X