Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • brickie in oz
    replied
    Re: Alex?s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia

    The ash draw is unnecessary.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mike D
    replied
    Re: Alex?s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia

    Go Bert Go. Can't wait for the pictures, keep it up.

    Mike

    Leave a comment:


  • Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia

    Here goes nothing!

    Hi Alex aka Bert from Central Coast, NSW Australia. I plan on building a 1100mm or 43inch Pompeii Oven with sandstone veneer, preparation counter and possibly a spit or grill. I broke ground 16/04/2011 or 04/16/2011 for our American friends. Like many others I have caught the bug and now obsess over the WFO and this forum.

    I have had a challenging start, I needed to remove 4 Lillypillies (Australian Native), 2 x Callistemon roots (Australian Native ? cut down some 4 years ago), a Queensland Fire Wheel Tree (Queensland Rainforest tree) and a Robinia (bloody awful tree with thorns).

    The Robinia took me 4 hours and the Lillypillies came out fairly easy. The Queensland firewheel tree on the other hand is a nightmare I have given up on removing the entire root ball (I have spent about 4 hours with a mattock, crowbar etc trying to remove it) and will be cutting it down (below final ground level) this weekend weather permitting.

    My current train of thought:

     1100mm diameter dome
     150mm footing
     400x200x200 Besa block stand in filled with reo
     150mm hearth
     Refractory insulation 75x115x230
     Refractory floor tiles 300x300x50
     Insulated with FB blanket
     Clay bricks (if I can find them) 75x115x230
     Homebrew mortar brick sand, fireclay, Portland cement
     Sandstone veneer
     Ash drawer
     Lighting recessed into hearth
     Brick chimney
     Hose
     Speakers
     Electricity socket

    Current costs= $10.00 chainsaw sharpening and several $100 is beer supplies.
    Weight loss = 5 kilos

    I plan on attaching plenty of photos but they are currently 18 megapixels so I will need to reduce them.

    Looking forward to lots of constructive guidance as I continue.

    Cheers

    Bert
Working...
X