Johnfm43 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Johnfm43 Build

Yes. It has been a few weeks since I have done anything on it. As you might have read under the insulation Thread that I posted, I messed up on the thickness of the insulation layer. I am waiting until I get Fiber board insulation before I can go any further.

Also I am the Head Football Coach at the local high school. We have been going non stop for the past 3 weeks. The school that I teach at uses a modified year round schedule. That is six weeks on with one week off. So teaching and double days of football has put a stop to all progress. The month of September might be better.

Comment

Ok it is time to get started again. I think that I will try and set the record for the longest time to build an oven. I have had several things impede my progress over the past 2 years. I hope to make some good progress over the next three weeks before I go to Alaska to work for 35 days. My goal is to finish by Sept 1. But, not saying what year. I will post pictures soon.

Comment

I am need of some help. I have put in the solider course and tried to cut the halves to fit tight together. But even as close as i cut them it still appears that there is some small gaps. I did not put mortor between them I am planning on laying several layers of insulation and stucco. Should I take them apart and install mortor between them to insure no gaps?

Thanks
        Johnfm43

Comment

glad to see you are starting up again. it's exciting once you get the dome going.

regarding the mortar, I did not mortar my floor but did use refrac mortar on everything else, including my first course. My dome bricks were not precision cut as I did used headers, so I had big gaps to fill.

What helped me was to set a deadline for completion of my oven. Funny how it came together as it is a lot of work. I had all kinds of help and supplies turn up when least expected, but I kept focusing in on my completion date. The old "write down you goals" and they do come true.

Comment

Working...
          X