Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build

And here are a few pics prior to the stucco. This shows my steel structure for the roof that I designed as a pyramid. The next photo is the structure on top of the enclosure. And the last two photos is the roof all finished with cement board prior to stucco.

The enclosure itself has 4 outlets (for anything electrical I need to plug in, i.e. blender for margaritas and such), one switch for 2 lights on the ceiling right on front of the oven entrance arch, 2 openings for marine all-weather speakers, and one access box in the back of the WFO for my amplifier and iPod for music.

Like I said, it's not quite finished, but almost!!!

More pics in the next few weeks as I finish this 3-year project!!

Aceves

Comment

One last beauty shot. That ledge you see on the left is a built-in bench. The wife will be getting cushions to soften the bench up a bit. The space on the right between the countertops will house my Santa-Maria style WFG (wood-fired grill). I like the color of the overall kitchen area. The pyramid will be a different color to set it apart from the enclosure and counters.

Aceves
      Last edited by aceves; 05-06-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Excellent work on the pyramid! That is unique. Reminds me of a trip we took down to the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico.

One or two of these would look right at home on your roof . I want get in to what the guide told us usually rolled down the steps of those pyrimids .
        Although it is sort of fitting since the sacrifice was to the gods for bountiful food!
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Gulf!!! I've been following your build, and your brickwork is a work of art!! It was a ton of work, but for me, it's all about the details. I take the extra time to get the details right, and once people see the little details, they see that I didn't take any shortcuts. It's all worth it to me...

Happy building & cooking, Gulf!!!

Comment

Thank you Aceves,
            and
            Originally posted by aceves View Post
            I take the extra time to get the details right, and once people see the little details, they see that I didn't take any shortcuts. It's all worth it to me...
            I appreciate and can certainly relate to that philosophy.
            To paraphrase another one of my intersests: It's all about the build .
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Been cooking in my WFO throughout the summer! It's not quite finished yet (perhaps 90% done), but I've have enjoying the great food coming out of it with great satisfaction! My guests also comment on the awesome pizzas and steak coming from the WFO!

Here are a couple of pics from this past weekend. That's a mozzarella, chicken apple sausage, garlic & basil pie. Excellent! You can see the fire breathing to life and the dome starting to clear up. It's amazing to see the dome turning white hot!!!!

Keep up with good work builders/cooks!!!

Aceves

Comment

It's been a while since my last post, so I decided to update my thread a bit. I have not finished my oven yet, though it's 90% done. My nephew finally finished my oven door, and it came out great! Thank you AA!! Here are a few pics of the insulated SS and aluminum door.

I plan to finish my oven and outdoor kitchen this summer. Here are a few things I still need to do: install outdoor sink and faucet, install oven landing, install final brick arch facing the oven, create and install wood doors on my my cabinets, finishing installing the sandstone veneer on the backside of the oven (I have a few more stones left, so I want to install the rest until they are gone), stain and seal my countertops, and finally install lighting and more speakers. Not too bad... Just need a little more time...

We have been busy entertaining guests though, so that's good!! Now that we have a fully-functional oven, finishing it has gone by the wayside. But I'm back on track!

Aceves

Comment

Nice SS door, looks like something Orange County Chopper would do!
                  Russell
                  Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                    Nice SS door, looks like something Orange County Chopper would do!
                    You got that right - the billet handle is awesome!

Aceves, what do the letters / writing represent?
                    Check out my pictures here:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

• Re: Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build

That is quite a door!
                      - Jonathan

"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there." --Yogi Berra

Comment

It reads Family.
                        Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Thanks Russell and Jonathan! It took a while to finish it, but my nephew did a great job! He's in the service, a Marine based out of Camp Pendleton, and he's a welder.

Les, V-wiz is correct, it says "Family" in Spanish, with a little personal touch to the right of that (obscured for privacy reasons).

I'm excited to be working on the WFO again to finish it this summer!

Happy building & cooking to you all!

Aceves

Comment

In Spanish? I thought that was English?
                            Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

It's in Spanish. I accidently removed the "a" at the end when I obscured the rest...

Comment

Hey fellow FB members/builders!

I'm posting to see if any of you have any Ceramic Rope left over from your projects that you might be willing to part with.

My WFO door has arrived and it needs ceramic rope all the way around. I just need a length of rope to finish it.

Anybody out there that can help? If yes, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Aceves

Comment

Working...
                                X