Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build

Originally posted by aceves View Post
    Here are the pics of my SF sourdough bake. I did 8 boules and 2 loaves. Temp was around 475, 18-20 mins per bake. It all went very smoothly. This was my second time doing sourdough. The first time was OK, but I did much better this time.

I got a good rise and crumb, and excellent flavor throughout. I love my WFO!!

Aceves
    Still waiting on your bread secret and a photo of it sliced.

Comment

Congrats, nicely done.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

The oven and the entire area looks fantastic. You can be very proud of your work and enjoy it for a long time to come.
        Sharkey.

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

My Build - Between a rock and a hard place

Comment

Sorry Laurentius!!

We ate the bread before I could take another photo! I distributed loaves around the family, and everybody loved them. Next bake I do, I will take a sliced photo just for you Laurentius (and perhaps the rest of the members!).

But by no means am I a full-fledged baker like you. I'm more of a weekend baker, trying to get better on every bake. Just wanted a full disclosure out there.

And it was a San Francisco style sourdough starter. I just followed the instructions. My daughter even gave me her stamp of approval when she said: "that dough smells funny, papa..."

Aceves
          Last edited by aceves; 08-19-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Sharkey!

I could not have done it without borrowing some of your ideas from your build! Thanks for you support!

Aceves

Comment

Beautiful!
              - Jonathan

"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there." --Yogi Berra

Comment

Aceves,
                I've been waiting for that finished pic since you started the pyramid. It doesn't get more original or creative than what you have built. Beautiful job .
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Congratulations on a great job. It all looks spectacular and you must be very satisfied with the results of your labour. The quirky touches are quite special.
                  Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Wow! Well done. Congrads. Now enjoy! Love to see it sometime.

dusty

Comment

Thanks Gulf!

I see that your Mississippi Queen is coming along nicely! Excellent craftmanship, Gulf. I see that you follow the same philosophy as me: it's all about the details in our ovens!

Aceves

Comment

Thanks Cloita & Greenman!

It truly has been a labor of love. And now that it's finished, my wife likes it too!! Ha, Ha!

Aceves

Comment

Thank you, Dusty!!

I know, it's been a long time coming. And most definitely I am going to enjoy it! We have to get a Sacto WFO builders dinner together! Thank you for all your advice and support, Dusty!

Aceves

Comment

Carne asada pizza! Yummy!!!!!

Comment

looks awesome!
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...s-i-18098.html

Comment

What is the height of your cooking floor/landing area from the ground that you stand on?

Comment

Working...
                                X