Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be starting my 42" Pompeii in NYC this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aceves
    replied
    Re: May be starting my 42" Pompeii in NYC this week...

Good luck with the build NYC!! Glad to have you in this community. I'm building an outdoor kitchen as well, but it will pale in comparison to yours. That is just awesome!

aceves

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied

WoW! very nice. :reallyimpressed:

There have been a few threads here about salvaging an oven improperly built....With those looks, I'd try to salvage that oven if at all possible. You'll find several knowledgable people here with barrel ovens that work well, they are available to help redesign and consult (Tscarborough, David S, and Brickie in Oz to name three). But then, you may prefer to make a wine cellar out of it

With that kitchen, you can't lose, its fabulous!

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

It took me a long 6 months to turn this side yard from dirt into a new pool, pavers and covered kitchen. Between the slow city permit and inspection process to the cold weather approaching last winter it wasn't easy.

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

Here are a few more photos of the kitchen for those who want to see.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied

Originally posted by NYC View Post
    Because the barrel has no landing with vent and smokes out the front. I am under roof here and can't have smoke spill which was my big problem with this oven.
    That is one beautiful outdoor kitchen! I would find a way to make that oven or another oven work in that area!
    Man that is a WOW!

Leave a comment:

• chidding
    replied

Ahhk, Well best of luck with the build! so much more fun doing it yourself anyways! keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

Because the barrel has no landing with vent and smokes out the front. I am under roof here and can't have smoke spill which was my big problem with this oven.

Leave a comment:

• chidding
    replied

Why not do a barrel oven so you can retain the setup? just a thought.. that kitchen looks amazing..

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

I've said it before. This is the friendliest community on the web.

To the guy asking about knocking out the old one, it is symmetrical with then rest of the kitchen and has a nice finish on it. The 42" Pompeii would require a larger footprint than the current barrel and would mess up the symmetry of the area. I am going to put the new one closer to my house and leave the old one alone. Here is a photo of the current setup.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied

Good Luck on your new build, I grew up in NYC and now live in Ct. You are welcome to come up anytime to check out my build. It may not be the prettiest oven but I have followed the build plans and it should work well!
    Good Luck!
    John

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied

Originally posted by chidding View Post
    Is it not possible to knock out the one you have built ? why build elsewhere if you have a 50k outdoor kitchen setup already? seems counterintuative to me?
    The way I read NYC's post is that his oven was a bust and he is electing a 'redo' on it.

Leave a comment:

• chidding
    replied

Is it not possible to knock out the one you have built ? why build elsewhere if you have a 50k outdoor kitchen setup already? seems counterintuative to me?

Leave a comment:

• NYC
    replied

Thanks guys. Pictures are part of the fun.

Leave a comment:

• rodeair
    replied

You will enjoy building it yourself. The help given here is first class. I am a few months into my build and it's been very satisfying as long as you have the patience. Good Luck!
    Leigh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X