Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips for building outer arch/vent/chimney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for building outer arch/vent/chimney?

This is a VERY open-ended question, but are there any best practices or tips you can give me about building this section of the oven? I literally spent an over an hour just staring at my oven today trying to figure what the heck I was going to do to make it work. I've looked at so many different pictures and everyone seems to have their own way of doing it.

My plan was to do something similar to Kebwi's and start with a half brick arch next to my inner arch, with a full brick on the outermost part of the arch (except for the top where it would be cut for the vent). I looked at his the most mainly because I have the same arch setup as his in that I don't have several vertical bricks before I curve in at the middle.

I'm using a 7"ID (9"OD) x 36" Duravent stainless steel chimney. I'm going to use an igloo enclosure and was hoping to have it look something like the attached picture. The other pics are my oven as of now. Any advice whatsoever will be helpful at this point. My feeling is that constructing it won't be the hardest part of the build, but the planning will be.

Re: Any tips for building outer arch/vent/chimney?

Doug, I looked at yours ALOT! I have pictures of your arches and your door saved to my desktop...hahaha...I was trying to figure out how you did yours with the two types of brick. Looks like you have a full firebrick connected to your inner arch and then regular brick on the outside. I couldn't quite figure out the best way to do it myself.

That's one of the biggest questions I have because I want to wrap my firebrick and stainless steel chimney with regular brick without doing a full enclosure. I just want to do the igloo like you see in the picture I attached earlier. That along with how to cut out the hole for the vent and chimney pipe is getting me stuck.

Comment

Working...
    X