X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aegis
    replied
    Re: Insulating blanket

I found any of the insulating blankets will stay in place and will have minimal movement. I think I wound up using four different brands, I went with the best deals, (ebay,craigslist,on-line orders) to maximize the amount of insulation. You can never have too much insulation! On the other hand I over spent on safety devices as in a respirator etc. You can never filter the air you breathe too much!

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

Tie it up with ordinary string. After your chicken wire is in place, cut and pull out the string.

Leave a comment:

• gregmorse@bellsouth.net
    replied

Thanks guys for the suggestions; I am getting close and it is very exciting.

Greg:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hello Greg,

You can just lay the blankets over the dome. They will not move until you install the the wire mesh.

Thanks,
    Heidi

Leave a comment:

• benguilford
    replied

There is probably a very simple way of doing this tucked away in a thread somewhere here, but I just drilled a few holes into my slab and put in some hooked screws using the green plastic 'spaghetti' to fix the screws into the concrete. I spaced these hooks evenly around the perimeter of the dome wall, about 20mm off the brick face. Then I just used some galvanised tie-wire from the local hardware store and fastened the blanket down with that, using the hooks as anchor points. That's one way!

Leave a comment:

• gregmorse@bellsouth.net
    started a topic Insulating blanket

Insulating blanket

I am ready to place my insulating blanket and was wondering how to hold it in place until I get the chicken wire mesh installed. I thought about duct tape but was not sure if it could take the heat or if I really needed it?
Working...
X