X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving My Oven, the miniseries. Part 1 - Introduction

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I am now indeed hoping to take the oven apart and reuse the bricks in a new oven. I started a thread asking for any advice whatsoever on the subject,

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ion-17479.html

as I know nothing about it. I'm assuming the main issue will be clearing the mortar off of the bricks. A guy at Bunnings told me a pick axe works best. I'm thinking as all the bricks were cut in half to start with, I won't need to cut as many, and wont need a brick saw which will help with the $.

I can see me spending a few weekends hunched over chipping mortar away from the bricks. But in the meantime, its onto planning one last massive pizza party for the current oven. It will also double as a bit of a memorial for my uncle too, who loved the pizza from it, and insisted on an invite whenever it was fired.

Comment

have you got/can borrow a compressor?
      get an air chisel
      Pneumatic Chisel - Pneumatic/Air Pistol Grip Chisel | eBay
      never tried but I have done a fair bit by hand and I would get one next time I had too.

Comment

A tomahawk is a pretty good tool for cleaning off mortar from bricks.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Yes I have a compressor and I reckon for $50 for a pneumatic chisel its def worth a try.

If not, I'll go the tomahawk route. With 10 fingers to start with.....

Comment

Whatever happened here? Curious minds want to know.

Seems to me that the labor expenditure of dismantling just to save the bricks would be offset by selling the oven to the landlord and buying new bricks. Maybe even sell it for a new pallet of bricks, as it were.

If I was a landlord in this situation, that would certainly be worth it to me.

A yard with a WFO increases the value of the property, and also makes it more attractive to rent.

Comment

Working...
            X