Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dannos Limey Build (Suffolk UK)

Originally posted by Bookemdanno View Post
    I'll just take it easy guys, i think. But, i failed miserably when i did that before!

My Hydraulic Lime based build allows a far greater ability for vapour to pass freely back and forth as is the old fashion way. Don't fight it, work with it.
    The Magnesium Stearate adds a level of water resistance from the exterior but not as with Cement based products, a waterproofing layer both ways.
    Think an animal fleece, such as sheeps wool and the Lanolin not a Tortoise Shell.

Thank you guys, i will hopefully take the seasoning as slow as i can.
    Danno,
    Sorry for the hijacking.It is great to hear that you will take slow .
    David, Laurentius , thank you both for your responses. I will continue this back on my thread, (when my camera battery is recharged ).
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

No worries Gulf! I don't mind!

I think that all ovens could be subject to an amount of condensation build up within the ceramic blanket layer purely due to the trapped air?
      Just like in a roof void without vertilation above any insulation layer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bookemdanno View Post

I think that all ovens could be subject to an amount of condensation build up within the ceramic blanket layer purely due to the trapped air?
        True, air is 99% water, I read it somewhere on the internet, so it must be true.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          (when my camera battery is recharged ).
          Dont forget to change the filum too.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
            True, air is 99% water, I read it somewhere on the internet, so it must be true.
            Hmmm, if that's the case why do have such trouble breathing underwater?

Comment

Because its that 1%, that will kill you!

Comment

Halogen lamp has been in place for 24 hours. A 4" thick expanded foam door is plugged in place. I removed the plug to be greeted with a nice brick flavoured waft of warm air.
                The laser thermometer gave readings of 48c at the floor rising to 120c at the dome apex which remained for 5 minutes, so its leading me to believe that the heat has soaked nicely into the structure too. Reset the plug and its now being left for a further 48 hours.

Comment

You need the door of for the moisture to escape.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

AL,

That's, OFF. (English translation)hehehehehehe

Comment

This Halogen Lamp thing seems to be working!

Where am i now...erm...80+ hours of constant lamp and temperature readings this morning were 95c at the floor rising steadily through the chains to 150c at the keystone.
                      A massive steamy waft of warm air upon pulling out the Celotex, and the disabled PIR housing on the lamp is showing signs of melting!
                      Might stick a Casserole in there this afternoon...who needs wood!!!

Comment

Leave a gap in the top of the Cellotex you're using as a door to let the moisture escape from the oven.

Comment

Originally posted by Laku View Post
                          Leave a gap in the top of the Cellotex you're using as a door to let the moisture escape from the oven.
                          Like Laku said, leave a gap to move the air and moisture out..

Chris

Comment

Nearly at the solstice, and its only just getting warm over here! I've not had so much as a couple of new seasoning fires either! Boo!
                            i have been able to finish off my "area", by paving near to the oven and creating a raised bed and "watch and eat" area.

Next plan, is the tear down of the chimney, and redesign with some twin walled stainless flue and rain cap along with another course of brick on the chimney "socket". I had radial expansion cracking over the dome from the original single wall flue due to heat and i'm hoping that if i can separate the dome render from the chimney, plus insulated flue i'll minimise that happening again. The cracks allowed rainwater in, and Jack Frost went to work popping the render after a spell of minus 10 through January. I'm looking forward to working on "Pele" again!

Comment

Hey Bookem,

Very very nice finale............. good to see you post again. Seems to be a few UK builders this year.
                              Russell
                              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Danno,
                                That is very very nice! An area for everyone in the family to enjoy .
                                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
                                X