dsm Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dsm Build.

How much is your oven smoking out the front? Is it badly enough that your outer arch is smoke stained? If that arch isn't getting sooty, why would your enclosure get soot-stained?

I ask because I am building the same sort of enclosure and I'm not terribly worried about soot staining. I've had maybe 10 big fires and there's no soot on the outer arch bricks. And like you I am adding a decorative arch which is going to add another 3-4 inches of depth, which I think will reduce the potential further.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I have only had a couple of big fires so far and some of my wood wasn't really as dry as it should be when i did see the smoke come out (not much at all really)and I know new ovens do tend to smoke I could just be paranoid and just want to do something now while In the building process then regret it later.
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Picasa photo library:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1043493...lleryMay192012

Comment

Ovens get pretty dirty. It is probably easier to simply repaint your stucco annually. You will learn to light your fires with minimal smoke by not overloading the chamber and starting with the upside down fire method to make it virtually smoke free at the door, provided your vent and flue are adequate and your oven and wood are dry.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X