Rickaroonie's 42 in build in Coomba Bay Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rickaroonie's 42 in build in Coomba Bay Australia

Ok, I've been able to invest a few more days into me oven. As for the possibly wrong firebrick, I dont know. They're extremely light and appear to me like they will work. Common sense tells me so. Been around the building game a long time.

All the easy bricks are done and finally had to make a template to support the subsequent bricks from falling in.

I decided to use styrofoam as I gathered a heap from all the neighbors with clean up day coming. Also I can shave a bit off if I have to or use a shim if needed. Easy peasy!

Put a few more pics up. I hope they can help someone as I studied heaps of photo's and learned a lot just from pics!

I have most of next week to put on the oven unless work comes in so I just may have the dome completed. Fingers crossed.

Rickaroonie

Comment

I've finally finished the flue arch today and will start firing this coming weekend.
      I did on really good booboo but you have to know where it is to look for it. More for appearance than structural so all's good.

Does anybocy know if you can use acid to clean bricks with this high heat mortor?

Rickaroonie

Comment

Originally posted by Rickaroonie View Post

Does anybocy know if you can use acid to clean bricks with this high heat mortor?
        The acid eats the calcium carbonate present in the cement, so yes.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
          The acid eats the calcium carbonate present in the cement, so yes.
          Thanks Brickie

Comment

Rickaroonie
            Just wondering how your oven went. I am using the same insulating bricks as you and I wondered how well they have worked?
            Cheers,
            Rosemary

My build so far
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ish-19084.html

Starting out collecting info and materials
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/h...lia-18943.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rickaroonie View Post
              I did on really good booboo but you have to know where it is to look for it. More for appearance than structural so all's good.
              In picture #2, on the top right part of your outer arch, it looks like you have a smaller cut voussoir, or it's an extra notched brick past your throat transition.
              Last edited by stonecutter; 12-15-2013, 05:59 AM.
              Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
              John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by SpottedFrog View Post
                Rickaroonie
                Just wondering how your oven went. I am using the same insulating bricks as you and I wondered how well they have worked?
                Hi Fs, I haven't posted for awhile but have intentions when oven is finished. The only thing left to do is tile the top surrounds and 'hey presto'. The oven works a real treat although took me a few times to get the fire right. The insulation bricks seem ok. That is no problems. I must admit I haven't even considered feeling for heat coming through the slab. Must remember to do that next pizza night!
                Will get back to you on that one after the next cookout.

Rickaroonie

Comment

Working...
                X