Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Hello all,
    I've been hanging around this site going over the all the good information for some time now. I had wanted to build some type of built in BBQ on my patio for some years now. Searching for ideas I stumble across the FB site. I fell in love with idea of building my own pizza oven and all the other potential uses. I quickly dove in head first with some of my rough designs. My oven stand is up a ready for some insulation and firebrick. The stand was the easy part for me, having some construction back ground. Now the fun begins. Soon as I get over my fear of cutting my first fire brick. Wish me luck. I?m in the process of building that indispensible tool. I have a few questions if anyone is interested. I plan on mounting a rod on to a door hinge. I am considering using the hole in the hinge already, to use as the pivot point. This will have some offset from dead center of the oven. But I think it will still work and also lower the inside height dimension a little. Is this true?

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
    Click on the blue arrow to go to the thread about my foundation
    Last edited by kbartman; 08-02-2013, 02:24 AM. Reason: Added link to foundation thread
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Very nice. I like the location. Try to keep it clean, it can get dirty very fast.
    Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Thanks... The oven or job site?
      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Nice location..do you have easy access outside from where the oven is?.. I would for sure do all my cutting and mixing out doors that pool would get really dirty with all of the brick dust. Looks Great!
        “Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.”

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

sigpic

Comment

I plan on cutting the bricks inside. I have a ten inch wet saw I borrowed from a friend. I used the saw to cut the entire tile for my bathroom remodel. The mess was manageable on the patio. Thanks for the input I Need all I can get from this point. My insulation for the floor should be here on Friday. I bought the fb board the first shipment was damaged. Any suggestions on setting the floor insulation. Protecting it is a concern; it is a lot more fragile than I thought.
          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Those bricks put off way more dust than your tiles did, honest..Make sure you wear a mask, it will make a cloud..even if you soak them. Cover your pool!
            “Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.”

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

sigpic

Comment

Your tool should work just fine. The off set will be minimal - well within the tolerance of brickwork. How do you plan on venting outside of your netting? Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                Thanks... The oven or job site?
                The job site.
                Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                  Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...
                  We have a product here in Oz called fly spray, it comes in a pressure pack and you just aim and squirt.
                  It gets in their eyes and stops them from seeing where they are going, they crash into the windows and get brain damage then die.

They also sell low irritant, but I always buy the high irritant just to make the little buggers suffer some more.
                  Last edited by brickie in oz; 03-12-2013, 11:07 PM.
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

nice work on the monolithic arch pour.
                    Russell
                    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                      nice work on the monolithic arch pour.
                      Thanks, Utah
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
                        Your tool should work just fine. The off set will be minimal - well within the tolerance of brickwork. How do you plan on venting outside of your netting? Those Florida bugs can get big and nasty...
                        The mosquitoes here in Florida are big enough to pick you up and carry you away, hence the screen enclosure. Brickie?s bug spray does not stand a chance even if he emptied the whole can and threw it, they would only throw it back?..As far as the vent design, it is still a work in progress. I definitely would like to stay along the lines of my concept drawing. My original design was a brick chimney extending thru the enclosure. After estimating the weight of the chimney plus the additional weight of oven, I was concerned the oven stand might not support it. I opted for plan B, either insulated clay flue or a steel chimney double wall insulated liner, surrounded by steel stud Hardee board and stucco. The OD of the insulated steel chimney is 10?, which is bigger than the space I have in front of the top lintel in the wall surrounding my pool. I think I?m going with 2 clay 8 x 17 x 24 clay flue liner on top the front oven arch, then transition to a single wall stove pipe above the enclosure. I?m considering the screen enclosure as non flammable. Code requires that a chimney needs to extend 2ft above any roof within 10ft. I?m classifying the screen enclosure not a roof, and non combustible. Push comes to shove I?ll extend the single wall stove pipe the additional height and put a couple of guide wires on it. I would rather not; I like the looks of my concept drawing.
                        Last edited by kbartman; 03-18-2013, 03:43 AM. Reason: added pic
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Ok Guys,
                          I still fearing cutting that first brick.....Now after searching the posts and the different builds I'm all discouraged…. It looks like the consensus on floor insulation more is better. The 2 inches of ceramic fiber in the FB free plans is not enough. With the poured lintel beam above my oven, I can’t afford to raise the floor for the additional insulation……. I need some warm fuzzy encouragement……I’m off tomorrow I was hoping to get something accomplished this weekend…Do I bust out, trim the lintel, or forget about the additional insulation?

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/i...uch-19082.html
                          Last edited by kbartman; 03-16-2013, 06:03 AM. Reason: added link about isulation
                          Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

I don't know how much room you really have to play with (clearance under your "lintel") or how tall you were planning to make the interior of your dome. Assuming that you have no "wiggle room" and were planning to make a hemispherical dome (i.e. 20" interior height) you could lower your dome height by an inch and still get away with a 12" entry height.

The extra inch of insulation might be all you need. I only have 2.5" of insulation under my floor and it works fine....but I wish I had more.

Regards,
                            AT

Comment

Bart,

Many builds have use 2 inches of insulation. You mention that you can't Afford to raise the floor. Is it a height or dollar issue? If height is a problem consider making a small stoop in front of the oven. If it's dollars you could always do a vermiculite / portland slab and put the board on that. Like I said, many have gone with 2 inch board and appear to be happy.
                              Check out my pictures here:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X