No announcement yet.

My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all been a while since I have visited the site, glad to see the regulars are still around. Well I still have not made me an insulated door but I did throw together a smoker door with the help of some friends. I am able to adjust the intake and exhaust levels as well to regulate the amount of air flow. I used it to smoke the turkey for Thanksgivings and several time since then, works great regulating temperature and the amount of smoke. Tried to attach some photos, not sure why they will not upload????
    Last edited by kbartman; 12-16-2016, 11:15 PM.
    Respectfully,

KB

My build
    Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

• KB,

Welcome back! I have problems sometimes using the Attach Image icon. However, the Camera icon (top left) seems to always work fine. Looking forward to seeing pics of the door and how you are using it.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Hello, Gulf how goes it? Still no luck on photo upload. Maybe to many characters before file extension .jpg will try something smaller
        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• Your probably right about the .jpg. Do a file save as and see if you can save the pic as a jpeg (no dot) back to your computer before uploading. Below is from a similar problem that Les was having.

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
          Les,

I don't know for sure. But according to vBulletin, it is not a new problem. It may have to do with some programs/appliances using different titles for the same format (jpg, .jpg, or jpeg ). They all read the same to me but, the current security settings don't see it that way. They are preparing a fix for it in the next version 5.2.5 . Actually, they were having discussions about the problem , just last month, on the vBulletin tech site. If you scroll up through the discussion, they say that there is currently no work-around for the problem. I doubt that is true. My guess, is that if you do a "file save as" and select jpeg, saving it to your computer, it will then upload just fine. That may not be possible if you are trying to upload from certain phones or tablets but, you may be able to send it to your desk top and then do that. Another way is to use a secondary pic program like Picasa or Google Photos. Picasa is slowly being phased out by Google Photos. I'm sure that there are other great pic progrmas out there....................
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Originally posted by kbartman View Post
            Hello, Gulf how goes it? Still no luck on photo upload. Maybe to many characters before file extension .jpg will try something smaller
            I'm old school with computer file names and avoid using spaces as well as using names that are too long. A lot of old code interpreted a space as a break in the name or command...and it's amazing how often problems still occur when using "old code" bases in "new" software. In most cases, programmers just added new expanded options to the existing application and in certain situations a piece of the old code is called into play and it doesn't work properly with the actual situation. As you were thinking, open file manager and for example change and shorten the filename from "Oven opening for my build in Montgomery.jpg" to "OvenOpening.jpg" - avoiding spaces. Note that the file extension (the very last letters/numbers, i.e., *.doc, *.docx, *.jpg, *.xlsx) must be separated from the preceeding filename by a period - that file extension is how the computer operating software determines which computer application(s) will be used to open the file.

To add to what is noted via the Gulf/Les-quote re jpg file extensions (above), consider using a free photo editor like FastStone Photo Resizer to reduce the size of the picture (from xx Megabytes to xx Kilobytes). FastStone also allows you to change the file format. You can reduce the picture from 4-5 MB to under 1 MB without reducing the picture quality (for the forum viewing). Makes it easier/quicker to upload to the system...often the larger the picture file size, the more potential problems come into play.

Hope something in these last two posts helps. Keep us posted on what you are trying and when you succeed let us know what finally worked for you.
            Last edited by SableSprings; 12-18-2016, 03:52 PM.
            Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
            Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
            Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
            Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Looks to be file size on my troubles uploading pictures, 1.6 MB would not load, the 1.3 MB reduced in Paint would load. Anyway here is the door and the smoked turkey. Found a nice brisket on sale today while I was at the store, look forward to smoking it.
              Last edited by kbartman; 12-24-2016, 06:15 AM.
              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• It looks loading picture from phone will be a chore. I'm wondering if everyone has these issues. Seems to me this could be fixed in this day and age. I don't remember having any issues with the old forum.

Any how, I will try to add some more pics on my door if anyone is interested. My home computer is out of commission so it makes posting pics a big chore.
                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• Door looks great KB! Does it lean out slightly so smoke escapes out a gap at the top?

RE: photos - can you go to settings in your phone and change the photo resolution to a lower level...like 800x600 ? That's plenty good for viewing in the forum and might make it easier to upload directly instead of cropping/reducing through another app.

Hope your holidays are fabulous!
                  Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                  Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                  Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                  Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yeah, I was wondering how the door operated too. Does it fit tight and intake air thru the lower vent and exhaust spent air and smoke out the upper vent, or do you keep it tilted out at the top like Mike asked? It would also be nice to get some more details of your smoking process, if you are willing to share. Temperatures, type of wood etc would be very helpful, as I am still using my Little Chief electric to do any serious smoking I have, but would like to add that to my oven's list of tricks.
                    My build thread
                    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Originally posted by SableSprings View Post
                      Door looks great KB! Does it lean out slightly so smoke escapes out a gap at the top?

RE: photos - can you go to settings in your phone and change the photo resolution to a lower level...like 800x600 ? That's plenty good for viewing in the forum and might make it easier to upload directly instead of cropping/reducing through another app.

Hope your holidays are fabulous!
                      The door handle is adjustable to allow the door to seal fairly well at the top. The left and right vents are fully adjustable to max 1/2 pie shape, being 180 degrees of the 360 adjustment. The intake is determined by the lower of the two. The smoke level inside the oven is determined by the high vent of the two. Hope that makes sense.
                      I would think that a file under 500KB should load directly from my phone. The details of the file show 436 KB in size with the file name being KIMG0400.jpg I'm using an Android phone and loading strait from the camera app and or gallery app. Very frustrating, seems to me this could be resolved by Web page designers. I don't seem to have any issues uploading pictures to other websites.

Enough whining, I try to load some more pictures later to help show how well the door works.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays.
                      Last edited by kbartman; 04-25-2017, 02:18 PM.
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

• Originally posted by kbartman View Post
                        The intake is determined by the lower of the two. The smoke level inside the oven is determined by the high vent of the two. Hope that makes sense.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays.
                        Yes, that makes sense and is kind of what I thought from the pics. How about some cooking details
                        Do you introduce the smoke at the beginning, end or continuous during your turkey bake? What kind of wood are you using to generate the smoke, and how are you using it (eg, wet, wrapped in foil, etc)? We did a bird at Thanksgiving that had a great brown color, but adding a little smoke would be nice I sort of accidentally smoked some chickens by not removing all the coals and shutting the door, but that is a different kind of taste than what you get from fresh hardwood chips.
                        PS - Merry Christmas to you too!
                        My build thread
                        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Working...
                        X