My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My 40" Inch pizza oven in Florida

It looks great, very cohesive and professional looking!

I don't remember advising you on a drain for the vent....I probably post too much.
    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
    John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
      That is something you should address with flashing or something. A sealer like the one I recommended won't keep standing water out for long and using a surface sealer won't help anything but absorption.

You should get that issue sorted out before you seal anything. I have some ideas but it would be good if you take some perspective pictures...no macro shots....it's better to see the whole area.
      This is the post that challenged me to sort out possible water intrusion into front my oven. With your thoughts, others suggestions and comments I was able to sort it all out.

Thanks again all.
      Last edited by kbartman; 06-17-2014, 10:35 PM.
      Respectfully,

KB

My build
      Oven Pics (album under construction)

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
        It looks great, very cohesive and professional looking!

I don't remember advising you on a drain for the vent....I probably post too much.

PS,
        Stonecutter,

Thanks for the compliment your have been a big help to me and many others.
        Your advice is and should be highly regarded to anyone who receives it. Keep posting
        Last edited by kbartman; 06-18-2014, 04:48 AM.
        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Kbartman and Stonecutter, I really believe we have started a valid conversation with the vent pan. No only for those building in wetter climates, but in areas where there is freeze/ thaw cycles.Never having a chance to completely dry out insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by kbartman View Post
            PS,
            Stonecutter,

Thanks for the compliment....
            It's well deserved. You know, good information is only a help if the person receiving it puts it into practice. I think your build is not only a great example of how being flexible will produce a fantastic result, but listening to and applying advice. And, any advice should be looked at objectively, not as the law.

Originally posted by Campmaki View Post
            Kbartman and Stonecutter, I really believe we have started a valid conversation with the vent pan. No only for those building in wetter climates, but in areas where there is freeze/ thaw cycles.Never having a chance to completely dry out insulation.
            Campmaki, with your current experience with commercial masonry, you know how important flashing is to masonry components...beyond the standard chimney flashing. This is an area that is often over looked...it shouldn't be.
            As an aside, I always extend my insulation slab under the vent area. Even though I've only done enclosures ( the best for keeping out the weather ) I wouldn't omit it if I was just putting a shell on the dome...stucco,tile or units. Given the 1000extra miles builders go during the building process...extra thick foundations, bomb shelter stands etc,etc....a little insulation under the vent is nothing.
            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
            John Ruskin

Comment

It's been a while................. slow going but I'm making head way. Here are a couple of pictures of my progress.
              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Looking good, KB. Love the tile work. Very impressive looking project.
                My Build:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Simply one word summary - Exemplary
                  Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

KB,

You come a long way and your build was very interesting to watch. Great job.
                    Russell
                    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks all, for your compliments and help. I could not have gotten this far without everyone's help and encouragement. Still lots to do.........
                      Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Finally, cabinet doors completed, time to focus on the oven doors. The norm seems to be a insulated door extending into the oven inner arch and having a lip covering a reveal of some sort. My reveal is a lot larger then most so its may take some thought. I'm thinking that a insulate door in front of my inner arch would retain more heat and better insulate the inner arch. Any thoughts?

Herb Garden has began I hope I can keep them alive this time. Any other suggestions?
                        Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

KB,
                          I have a very wide reveal in my oven also. That helps, very much, in accessing the sides of the oven with tools. The extra wide reveal is at least akin to the flared entries that many do. But, without the intimidation .

Do make, or have made, an insualted door. It opens up the world for what these ovens can be capable of
                          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                            KB,
                            I have a very wide reveal in my oven also. That helps, very much, in accessing the sides of the oven with tools. The extra wide reveal is at least akin to the flared entries that many do. But, without the intimidation .

Do make, or have made, an insualted door. It opens up the world for what these ovens can be capable of
                            I love my extra wide reveal, agree with its utility. I will make a insulated door. I'm looking thru the :"Show us you door thread for ideas" hope to find some good ideas and get past the planning stages. I have been holding temps well with just a piece of Hardee board covered with aluminum foil. Cooked pizza last Saturday evening breakfast and dinner Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with supper tonight at 400F temp. Glad I incorporated the heat breaks as you and many others have. I'm thinking once I insulated the door I may have to leave it open just to get the heat out to cook something other then pizza
                            Thanks
                            Last edited by kbartman; 09-03-2014, 04:49 PM.
                            Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Haven't posted any thing on my thread for awhile, thought I might give a update. I did make a outer door which will be fitted with some type of adjustable vents to be used when I use the oven as a smoker. I did decide to install the chimney extension to get the smoke up and out of the pool area although I painted it high heat white, to tone down a bit. The insulated oven door still eludes, I will get to it eventually. Been enjoying the oven's use and getting better at those pizzas pies.

Any way here is a night picture of my her:
                              Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all my Forno Bravo friends.
                                Respectfully,

KB

My build

Comment

Working...
                                X