looking for opinions/ideas for space please comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: looking for opinions/ideas for space please comment

stuff em' full of cement bags.. or trash, or a time capsule, or whatever you have lying around that you dont want anymore.. I filled mine with a "dirty batch of rubble and dust, mixed with portland cement and water.. Seems like you have your fair share of rubble floating around your site.. Use that.. Saves you hauling it to a landfill..

Comment

Hello all, quick question for you, can anyone point me in the direction of some plan or pictures that show a stand for a corner oven? I cant find any and am not liking the way my layout is and want to be sure that I do it right the first time. thanksagain -marc

Comment

Had a question for you all, I live up here in the great northeast where its been 5oish daytime, 30ish nighttime. the room this oven is going in has been averaging about 45-50 degrees and is ot heated. I did already build the stand and set the concrete. everything seems fine and VERY solid.. since all the weight is coming down on this stand I am not worried if the concrete is not 100% of its full strengh, although it seems that it is. next step is the insulating hearth. Should i be super worried aboutthe 45-50degree ambient room temp for curing? I get differing opinions on the web, but the last thing I want to do is have the hearth be too weak. Anyone with experience or knowledge on this matter please chime in. THANKS AGAIN -marc

Comment

WSP,

As long as the wet mortar did not freeze at any point, you should be fine. I'd put a space heater in the room, though, just to be safe for the next pour. It really takes 26 days for concrete to cure fully, but for what you're doing it should be fine now.

Jim
          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Originally posted by widespreadpizza View Post
            ...I did already build the stand and set the concrete. everything seems fine and VERY solid.. since all the weight is coming down on this stand I am not worried if the concrete is not 100% of its full strengh, although it seems that it is. next step is the insulating hearth...
            THANKS AGAIN -marc
            Marc, that looks great! Go ahead and pour your insulating hearth. Structurally that's the one where you want a good cure as your concrete block is loaded vertically. But even for the insulating hearth you are good to start building on top after a few days.

Marc

Comment

I agree wtih Marc and Jim. Go for it.

I recognize that layout. It's looking good.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

По теме разго&

Интересное замечание.

Comment

Working...
                X