X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbruning
    replied
    Re: 42 inch Michigan Oven

I have to express my appreciation to the forum for the wealth of information in these threads. I have learned a lot from you and have incorporated many of the ideas and approaches into my own build. The knowledge and innovation that has been shared on this forum has been immensely helpful!

Leave a comment:

• jbruning
    replied

Here is the hearth slab after the forms were removed....and the hearth and stand during the 'off season'.

Leave a comment:

• jbruning
    replied

I generally have a tendency to overbuild so there is plenty of steel in the hearth slab, but I had it and figured it wouldn't hurt to put it in.

I wasn't and am still not sure how the opening will end up so rather than span it with the top course of blocks and relieve them for the metal, I embedded a couple of angles into the hearth slab over the opening.

Leave a comment:

• jbruning
    replied

Here are a few pictures of the stand construction.

Leave a comment:

• jbruning
    started a topic 42 inch Michigan Oven

42 inch Michigan Oven

Been lurking around the forum off and on for a long time and finally was able to begin construction on an oven last fall. I was able to get the stand and hearth slab complete before the weather turned. The weather got nice enough about a month ago to start up again and I've been plugging away when I can but haven't had any time to post. I'll try figure out how to post photos and catch up now.
Working...
X