X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

Hello dear followers,

This week has been really busy.
    And while temperatures has gone down below 37.4 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
    I have to put this project on hold, for now, have to await spring before i can proceed. But i have had the time to draw and modeling the new outer arch with the "chimney bricks" that i found. New design that I think will work quite well.

Also the question remains, do you think i can put this chamotte dust to any use ? I have put water on it, so it wont dry out. I estimate it's about 3-5 kg with the water in it.

I might drop in tomorrow, to say a few words.

Regards Donald

Comment

• Re: Somewhere in the slumering suburbs of Stockholm

Not exactly tomorrow, more like today.

It has not exactly been the merriest of times since i last posted. While the weather up until recently has been sunny and warm enough to continue with the build of the oven (10?C today, !7?C some days ago) i'm all too busy cause i have a lot of other things to take in consideration before i can move on whit the construction. I'm in the middle of a renovation in my old flat, and there's still a lot of unpacking and work with the new one.

When i'm finished with all of this i'm gonna take a vacation and go visit my relatives i the northern of Sweden to relax and talk with my cousin who considers to build one of his own. He already had some plans of building an old traditional wood-fired oven for indoor use, the one you use to make "tunnbr?d" in, the Swedish version of flatbread. Also i'm gonna try to visit one of these bakery cabins. When he saw my plans of the Pompeii oven when he was on a visit here, he was more then interested.

So now i have to postpone the construction of the oven for some time to come.

P.S I haven't peeked under the tarp since early oktober, so i'm kind of nervous to see if the oven's still standing.

Have a lovely day (or evening/night)

Karl.
      Last edited by Southboom; 04-25-2014, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X