Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirassou
    replied
    Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone. Looks like the weather and the Christmas season is going to stall finishing the exterior, but we'll see. If temps remain warm, maybe I can finish this thing. Next I need to get a welding helmet to do the door. That should be another adventure.

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    Hi deejayoh, sorry for not responding earlier...I'm not getting emails of posts...have to see whether there is a setting for that on the new forum. The original was square. I followed Ken Hoke and his Old Kentucky dome.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied
    Nicely done. I built mine almost exactly llke that. Was your original opening square or arched?

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    Oh crap...should have read that first...sorry Mitch. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    Here are pics of the brick arch for the wood storage area

Leave a comment:

• admin
    replied
    Hello mirassou,

As explained in the announcement at the top of every page, we encountered an error last Monday when we attempted a software upgrade that misplaced posts from 11/10 - 11/16. We are working on recovering those posts and apologize for any inconvenience.

Mitch

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    For some reason, my recent posts have disappeared...

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied
    Nice looking work, Paul. I'm glad the weather cooperated w/you. Great looking oven!!

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    Completed the finish coat of stucco on the oven. The mortar colorants were from www.earthpigments.com . I wanted a sunflower yellow color, so I mixed equal parts of Nickel Antimony Yellow Rutile (Lemon Yellow color oxide) together with Yellow Iron Oxide, and white finish stucco. 0.5kg for each color will cover 1 80lb bag of stucco.

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    Thanks NCMan! We have some warm days this week and I hope to put the finish coat on within the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied
    Nice progress, Paul. Love the tiles. Nice accent.

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    So I've gotten the stucco base coat done and installed our tiles from Positano. Next is the finish coat.

Leave a comment:

• NCMan
    replied
    I think it's going to look great when you're done. Nice to see it all coming together.

Leave a comment:

• mirassou
    replied
    Just picked up the stucco for the pizza oven from Lowes. They don't stock it so I had to special order it. Here's the back of the oven with a base coat. Finish coat will be a white stucco finish coat mixed with yellow oxide and lemon yellow colorants. Should yield a sunflower yellow color.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X