43" Oven construction in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43" Oven construction in Norway

Hi all. I,m Mario from Norway I,m half Italian and miss Italy and the food so much so I buildt this oven

First I want to thank Forno Bravo and forum for all the inspiration for this project. Also a great thank to Andrea and this video Costruire un forno a legna - YouTube

I have spent my spare time, building this pizza oven in my garden near Oslo. Unfortunately I have to quit now because it get colder and the vinter is coming soon. not good for masonry work in cold Norway. But looking forward to continue in the spring and will post more pictures then. Now I,m about curing the oven, and i hope making a Pizza next month.

My plan is to cover all in natural stone and have a big chimney in stone.

Re: 43" Oven construction in Norway

Some more pictures...
    Originally posted by Mario Natali View Post
    Hi all. I,m Mario from Norway I,m half Italian and miss Italy and the food so much so I buildt this oven

First I want to thank Forno Bravo and forum for all the inspiration for this project. Also a great thank to Andrea and this video Costruire un forno a legna - YouTube

I have spent my spare time, building this pizza oven in my garden near Oslo. Unfortunately I have to quit now because it get colder and the vinter is coming soon. not good for masonry work in cold Norway. But looking forward to continue in the spring and will post more pictures then. Now I,m about curing the oven, and i hope making a Pizza next month.

My plan is to cover all in natural stone and have a big chimney in stone.

Comment

Well it looks like you are off to a great start! Nice work...I really liked the video...
      " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Thanks . I realy liked the video to. i think I seen it 300 times

Comment

Some more pictures of my project here in sunny Norway

This spring I built a " Pergola" over the oven , that I going to cover with reinforced glass . I will get it next week.

And my white glass concrete glass counter top is almost finish just need some fine polish in the end of the project, when the stone work is finish.

Now I,m going to cover everything in Sand stone from India , I worry a little about the chimney it will be around 2 meeter high , so it will be some challenge to work with it. I thinking to do something like picture nr.5 hope my dome will hold it.........

Yesterday I made some delicious Pizza. And now I making Chiabata bread and foccacia . Really enjoy my oven

Comment

here is pic. 5

Comment

Nice work on the oven and the polished concrete counters.
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                Nice work on the oven and the polished concrete counters.
                Thanks ! You do a great job yourself your counter top look better than mine

I did a little to much of the blue glass in the end but I,m happy anyway

Comment

Yesterday I finally mounted glass panels on the roof Pergola
                  (3 pieces 3.6M X 1M weight 150kg a piece) I've done some masonry work to , with sand stone. Very hard, and difficult working with the natural stone

Comment

Working...
                  X