Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

definitive guide to concrete countertop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine from eBay. There are four things that you really need. A water feed from the centre of the disc. a variable speed control, removable diamond pads and a decent electrical cutout, all of which came with the machine I bought. I first started with and orbital sander fitted with wet and dry paper and using manual water feed from a hose. It worked but was painfully slow. The other pics here show a panel I'm currently working on. So far polished down to 100. Gulf has done some very nice work and may point you to other threads about this craft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P8180496.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	400908Click image for larger version

Name:	P8180497.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	400909Click image for larger version

Name:	P8190498.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	400911Click image for larger version

Name:	P8190499.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	400912Click image for larger version

Name:	P9020500.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	400910
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David,

That counter is looking great!............. Is that crushed limestone that you are using in the upside down pour?..............Your pics are killing my old back .......... When you get my age, you will appreciate the word "ergonomics" .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        David,

That counter is looking great!............. Is that crushed limestone that you are using in the upside down pour?..............Your pics are killing my old back .......... When you get my age, you will appreciate the word "ergonomics" .
        I used marble chips, some mystery decorative rocks and some leftover random rock tiles.It looks like the stars in a night sky. That's the idea anyhow. I agree that the working position is poor, but that slab weighs 40 kg, not too easy to lift on my own. Also the water that splatters off the polisher makes less mess at ground level. Hence the downpipes used as a fence in last pic. Joe, I think I'm probably older than you anyhow. My odometer says 67 what's yours?
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Marble is what I was thinking. I don't know why I typed limestone? You are bringing up a great point for anyone thinking about concrete polishing. It can get real messy. I elevate my projects to relieve my back. Depending on the time of year, a full rain suit and face shield is a must for me. My "oldometer" is at 61 .
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
          X