Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36" brick oven

Howdy!

I'm new to the forum. I'm building an outdoor kitchen and would like to install a pompeiian oven with a 36" interior diameter. I've looked at the 42" plans supplied at the forno bravo site (thanks!). Has anyone here built a 36" version? I'd appreciate any info you can provide. I'll be happy to supply photos and step-by-step description as I go along.

Manny

36" Pompeii oven dimensions

Yes, I have the same question? Do the instructions exist for the 36" oven? On the FornoBravo site it says they do, but I have been unable to find them.

Also, is it ok to place the oven in a corner?

Thanks. Shan

Comment

If you go to the 'Resources' section of the main Fornobravo Homepage where it lists the 'Pompeii Brick Oven'then click on it, scroll to the bottom and click on ' Table of Contents' , then scroll down to ' Dome Construction', this page will give you the deminsions you will need to understand to construct a 36" oven,

And yes, you can place the 36" in a corner. I am starting a 36" tomorrow that will be built that way.

If you go to the 'Pompeii Oven Construction' section of the forum, you will see Paulages is documenting, with pictures, an oven being constructed with a corner orientation.

K.O.

Comment

New Oven Dimensions page

I can see that is isn't easy to find all the dimensions in one place, so I have added a page that shows the oven, opening, stand and foundation dimensions in one place.

Go to: http://fornobravo.com/pompeii_oven/dimensions.html

There is now a link to the dimensions page from the main Pompeii Oven overview page. I will add a few other links to the dimensions page throughout the instructions.

Can someone double check my math? This reflects the thinking that a 1" insulating blanket and 4" vermiculite is enough dome insulation.

Thanks.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

thanks for adding this, james! i made up my own drawings when i couldnt find something like this in the plans. it definitely makes all of the measurements explained in the plans make more sense.
          -Paul
          overdo it or don't do it at all!

My 2005 pompeii build

Comment

Working...
          X