Refractory Mortar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refractory Mortar

Does anyone have links to where I can order refractory mortar?

Refractory Mortar

Buckley Rumford Co.

They make fireplace parts and can provide you with a list of distributors also.

PRODUCTION QUESTIONS
    Superior Clay Corporation
    PO Box 352
    Uhrichsville, Ohio 44683
    800 848 6166 or 740 922 4122 (fax 740 922 6626)
    Email Superior Clay
    catalog@superiorclay.com

Comment

Heat Stop

That refractory mortar is called Heat Stop, and should work fine.

Or, you can make the fireclay mortar described in the plans, which is fireclay (ground up firebricks), sand and portland cement. It is not a true refractory mortar, because is it based on portland cement, but it will take the heat your oven will put out and you can easily find the components.

We are going to be getting more Refrax in California, which is Italy's biggest refractory mortar brand, and really nice. I will make a posting when it is back in stock. It's $25 for 22lb (just add water). It's great stuff and made specifically for brick ovens and fireplaces. Our oven producer makes it.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

re:refractory mortar

http://www.alsey.com/flueset.htm
        Here is another company that has 50lbs bags for about $50 and will ship it -also has fireclay.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I set the bricks for the stand today, took some pix. It was slow. I spent most of my time figuring out what to do; very little actually doing. Tomorrow should go faster, as most of the problem solving is done.

Manny

Comment

Working...
          X