90cm (35-36 inch) Pompeii style oven in Slovenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 90cm (35-36 inch) Pompeii style oven in Slovenia

gorazdr - Termovermit sem su?il en teden, pol sem pa začel lepit prvo vrsto ?amotne opeke direktno na termovermit podlago. Nato sem v ta prostor, ki sem ga dobil nasu 1-2 cm kremenčevga peska, ga izravnal in polo?il gor poden iz ?amotne opeke.
    Jaz uporabljam omenjeni izdelek roefix 961( 25kg - 20 eurov )in sem zadovoljen, tud na sede?u podjetja so mi zagotovili, da nima bit kej narobe pri uporabi le tega. Je poceni in ne tako nesramno drag kot druge malte (5 kg 13 eurov).
    Kje ga pa ti dobi? za 18.5 evrov?

tibort - Za mene je termovermit kot izolacija med betonsko plo?čo in pečjo čist zadost, ker mi ni da bi dau nekih 200 + eurov za samo izolacijo.

Zanima me alternativa tem raznim keramičnim izolacijam za izolacijo kupole?

I am interested in an alternative to the various ceramic insulation to isolate the dome?

bye

Comment

G'day
      Guys if you can't locate fireclay powder clay will do exactly the same job. The high temp properties of fireclay are not needed at the low temps of these ovens.
      And it can be used in the homebrew mortar mix as well as it makes the mortar stick to the brick and is easy to handle.
      Regards dave
      Measure twice
      Cut once
      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
      My Door
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

To dave

In our country any kind of powder clay is expensive. 25kg bag of clay powder costs more than 25kg of mortar suitable for direct fire exposure (rofix 961).
        We have an option of using quartz/silica sand or salt. That's what our oven builders use. I don't like salt in contact with concrete as it desolves it over time so I am thinking of using pure sand or sand mixed with lime.

To artman,

For dome insulation I found roockwool high temp blankets 4-12cm thick that are rated to 650 degress celsius. Price for 4cm - 2.75m2 - 22? .

Artman ceno za rofix sem dobil v top dom - dom trade lesce, obstaja tudi 960 ki je samo okoli 8? samo ne sme biti direktno na ognju.

CA plo?če vem da se dobi Promasil KS 950 samo 50? za kvadrat 4cm se mi zdi preveč ker ni 5 krat bolj?a izolacija.

Comment

I understand that cost is a major factor. Anyway, try to stick to low dome construction and steel lining of the entryway, if you are going to use it a lot.
          For ''cheap'' outside insulation you can use clay that is used in gardening (ekspandirana glina)...
          Hope to see more progress soon

Comment

Hello,

here is mi progress, i was on holidays in sea

I made iner arch, and 3 row.

by
            Last edited by artman; 05-04-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

G'day
              From the pics it appears that your brickwork is losing it circular shape and is becoming more of a teardrop. Its where the dome is married into the entrance. And it happens. Its hard to correct now. You should wait till the dome clears the height of entrance and then you'll need to add some extra brickwork to that front bit to bring it back to true.
              Like I said before its not a problem at all and will not effect the strength or correct function of your oven in the least. And no one will ever see it unless they crawl into the oven on there backs once its completed.
              Regards dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once

My Build
              My Door

Comment

Hello,

i look in the forum and most people cuts brick to size , bevel , angle, that they are a close fitt, but i didnt. Is there a problem because i didnt it that way . I just fill gaps with mortar. Will dome colapse. Or mortar cracks.

by

Comment

G'day
                  Yes folk do that a great amount of effort to build the perfect dome. And yes I admire the effort they go to to get the results they do, its not necessary to get a good strong working oven.
                  Mines cut with a brick bulster no fancy cuts and has been going strong for 4 years now.
                  You have built a dome one of the strongest construction on the planet in fact gravity works to keep all the pieces together.
                  Mortar any gapes if you wish ( I haven't ) and use it, as its just as strong as the next oven.
                  Regards dave
                  Measure twice
                  Cut once

My Build
                  My Door

Comment

Ditto what Dave said, your dome looks strong. It will be there for many years. I posted a close up of a dome that some famous Italian builder did and it didnt look as tight and clean as yours!
                    My build documentary page:
                    https://picasaweb.google.com/1011587...iredOvenBuild#

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain

Comment

Do not worry, just keep on going... You are doing just fine.
                      Check PM.

Lp

Comment

G'day

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	304277

This is the " ridge didg" ( Australian for real) Neo oven built for the full pizza
                        kitchen, running 12/7. Cannot fail cause the business will bust pizza oven!
                        I don't know about you but I recon my brickworks a bit better
                        Regards dave
                        Measure twice
                        Cut once

My Build
                        My Door

Comment

Hi,

more pictures of progres and a homemade inox steel door.

The last rov of brick is beveled to angle, its a close fit.

Just 2 rows and an outer arch and im finish.

Thenks for your suport.

by

Comment

Artman you are fast and it looks great so far How much mortar did you use?

Bye Gorazd

Comment

Gorazdr - i use 4 * 25kg (rofix 961) mortar. I recomend it, it set fast when you apply it on brick(Po eni minuti lahko podporo stran vzame?, stoji sam na mestu, tudi v vodoravnem polo?aju pri koncu kupole.). Open time is 15 minut. So use small batches for 4-6 bricks.

p.s. tomorow the dome will be finished!

by

Comment

Hello,

the dome is finish, and the front arch is finish, and the hole for chimney is finish

I try to fire it with a newspaper and it worked, nice fire, chimney works, the draft of chimney is ok, im so happy. Is so nice to se a fire in there. I hardli wait to cure it and take some pizzas.

How to cure it, properli!

Chimney is 5.2 inches (13 cm) diameter and 8.2 feet (2.5m) tall it goes thru the roof. The chimney is not on the pictures because i remove it, i must to fine tune the inox steel tube. Maybe biger diameter be beather but i have this at home for a long time so i use it.

Here are some pictures,

by

Comment

Working...
                                X