Randy's dreams do come true oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy, I'm surprised your oven didn't collapse on the spot
    Seriously, I think if you said you preferred frozen it would be sacrilege, but to take advantage of the heat in your oven and cook a quick meal it's a good trick. When I first saw your post, I thought you maybe had frozen one of your home made pies and they cooked it later - that is a trick I might try. We did try to cook a gluten free pizza on Mother's day that my wife first baked the crust in the house oven (sacrilege maybe) then threw in the wfo to cook the toppings. The cheap sheet metal pan potato chipped in the heat, so I think I need something more like the pan you used - where did you get yours?
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Jr I wish I could tell you where it came from. I got it as a gift like 10 or more years ago. The brand is wearever. Or at least that is what is stamped on the back. I hope that helps. No I don't prefer the frozen pizzas, but the wife was out for the night and we had bought theese as part of a fund raiser for a co worker of my wife's son. For a frozen pizza they are really good. So I thought what the heck let's see what happens. It was probably the best tasting one I have had. I guess theese ovens make everything better.

Randy

Comment

• OMG, I would never admit on the forum that I cooked a cardboard pizza in the oven 😨 lol
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Russell OUCH. ;o) if this was a cheepo jacks, red barron or simular I would agree. But these are a made by a small local company that use to only sell to bars but had such a huge following that they have started selling at some local stores. I like my home made the best, but I would rather have one of these than almost any place that delivers. They are that good, and I have not figured out how to get the greasy bar style pizza at home. I crave that every once in a while and this does it.

Randy

Comment

• Just messin with ya! 😈
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
              Jr I wish I could tell you where it came from. I got it as a gift like 10 or more years ago.
              Randy
              That's funny - I first read this on my phone, and thought you were telling me that the pizza had been your freezer for 10 years
              My build thread
              https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• I checked the temp in the oven tonight and after 7 days I am still at 173.5F. I am pretty happy with that as I had not had a fire in 4 months. I also need to replace the ceramic rope on the door. I did not mix the glue well enough (or at all guess I should have read the directions ) and it fell off this winter. So after that I should have very good retention again. I am glad to see winter did no harm to the oven.

Randy

Comment

• I took a picture this morning getting ready to make some steaks for breakfast for my mother in law. It was a few minutes after I got the fire stared and I thought it was a very cool picture.

Randy

Comment

I took a picture this morning getting ready to make some steaks for breakfast for my mother in law. It was a few minutes after I got the fire stared and I thought it was a very cool picture.

Randy
                    Nice! Closing the dome here today. I'm very excited about it.

Randy, where did you find the 18 gauge steel studs locally?

Comment

• I think it was called drywall supply. I is on Hwy 169 and 13th ave in Plymouth. It is right off the hwy across the street from a big U-haul storage place. They were good to deal with. It is on the north west corner. For MN weather I definitely recommend going 18 gage. It costs a little more but it is solid. I think 16 gage might be over kill. Are you ready to start building your enclosure already?

Randy

Comment

I think it was called drywall supply. I is on Hwy 169 and 13th ave in Plymouth. It is right off the hwy across the street from a big U-haul storage place. They were good to deal with. It is on the north west corner. For MN weather I definitely recommend going 18 gage. It costs a little more but it is solid. I think 16 gage might be over kill. Are you ready to start building your enclosure already?

Randy

I'm trying to make sure I have the materials before I start on it next week. So far I have been able to keep my schedule with only a minor slip that I solved by pouring the lip early and starting on the vent.

Comment

• I finished all the brick work and I'm now ready to start the steel framing. I have a few questions though - are you using hardware to create a frame out of the steel studs? How did you attach the frame itself to the concrete? Lead shields and lag bolts? How do you attach the roof to the frame as well?

Comment

• No hardware was used. You just cut the studs and set them in to the track and screw it in on atleast one side. Other than that it is pretty much like wood framing. So when you buy your studs make sure to get enough of the same size track to go around the top and bottom of your enclosure, and get it in the same gage too. As for the roof I used a few kinds of self tapping screws to hold it down. I went threw every rafter and the top track with tec screws or a different kind of self tapper. When you go to buy your studs make sure to get the screws from them they are a lot better than what you will get at home depot or menards. As to how I attached it to the base I shot it down with a Ramset gun and 3\4" nails. You could do pretty much anything but I had that and went for it. And after the stone is on it is not going anywhere. If you have any questions just ask and I will do my best to answer them

Randy

Comment

• I found a few more pictures that I did not post before. It might show you a little more detail. If you have any questions just let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Randy

Comment

• Well I checked the temp in the oven today and I was at 134F after 10 days. That includes roasting the beer can chicken a week ago. The oven continues to amaze me. Thanks to all who helped me get here.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                                X