X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widespreadpizza
    replied
    Re: by chance can anyone help?

wlively, I did find a pice of something from a vendor in NY it may be at my house today or monday. I firget exactly what it is called but is very rigid. I will give you the info on this thread when I get it in. it is 1'x3'x1.5" thick. rated for 1900 degress, a mineral wool product. the piece was 7.00 + shipping. I will get back to you. -marc

Leave a comment:

• wlively
    replied
    Re: by chance can anyone help?

I thought about the same thing, but had no board left over. And found the same thing you have to buy a whole piece and pay for shipping again.

So, my plan is to make one. I have some left over Durock, door size. Cut that to shape of door. Install 2 short bolt and washers as anchors for the next layer. Will form up and pour a 2 inch layer of perlite cement onto durock. Will attach wood or metal facing to durock and not quite sure about perlite side, a heat reflective paint or foil. I know this door may be fragile, but hoping it will last at least a couple of years.

Of course if you are fortunate enough to get a piece of scrap, then forget what I just said and tell me if they have some more.

Leave a comment:

• widespreadpizza
    started a topic by chance can anyone help?

by chance can anyone help?

Hey all, closing in on completion of me 42x16 corner oven. this thing rocks already and isnt quite done yet. I will not post pictures till it is 100% completed. Here is the point of my story. All I need to finish is a small piece of some sort of insulating board for my door that is apx 18x9 and hopefully 1 " or more thick. I am having trouble finding it locally and a small piece at that. my effforts to find one on the net are also not working as the shipping is usually more than the board in the first place. I am in NH and was hoping that maybe someone had a remenant that they would sell /ship to me or could point me to a vendor(net or local) Thanks for listening, I am open to alll suggestions. -marc
Working...
X