by chance can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• by chance can anyone help?

Hey all, closing in on completion of me 42x16 corner oven. this thing rocks already and isnt quite done yet. I will not post pictures till it is 100% completed. Here is the point of my story. All I need to finish is a small piece of some sort of insulating board for my door that is apx 18x9 and hopefully 1 " or more thick. I am having trouble finding it locally and a small piece at that. my effforts to find one on the net are also not working as the shipping is usually more than the board in the first place. I am in NH and was hoping that maybe someone had a remenant that they would sell /ship to me or could point me to a vendor(net or local) Thanks for listening, I am open to alll suggestions. -marc

Re: by chance can anyone help?

I thought about the same thing, but had no board left over. And found the same thing you have to buy a whole piece and pay for shipping again.

So, my plan is to make one. I have some left over Durock, door size. Cut that to shape of door. Install 2 short bolt and washers as anchors for the next layer. Will form up and pour a 2 inch layer of perlite cement onto durock. Will attach wood or metal facing to durock and not quite sure about perlite side, a heat reflective paint or foil. I know this door may be fragile, but hoping it will last at least a couple of years.

Of course if you are fortunate enough to get a piece of scrap, then forget what I just said and tell me if they have some more.
    Wade Lively

Comment

Re: by chance can anyone help?

wlively, I did find a pice of something from a vendor in NY it may be at my house today or monday. I firget exactly what it is called but is very rigid. I will give you the info on this thread when I get it in. it is 1'x3'x1.5" thick. rated for 1900 degress, a mineral wool product. the piece was 7.00 + shipping. I will get back to you. -marc

Comment

Working...
      X