• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemo
    replied
    Re: Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven

Paul,

I dont have an answer to that question just yet...but I should have an answer with pictures by Monday

just like everything else with this oven, its in my head and I just dont see how its gonna all fit together. That is, until I do it. Then it makes sense to me

Leave a comment:

• pjones
    replied

Kemo,

I am in the final phase of the metal framing of my oven, and the studs that span the roof are causing me problems. How did you attach these? I have come up with a few ideas but nothing that seems correct. I am planning a almost flat roof (allowing some drainage in the rear of the oven).

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Kemo, if you must, then you must. One request, do not be shy about the frequency of post with visuals. You have done so great to this point that it would be a shame to get a photo of the finished shot and tell us that you forget to step back and admire the finishing stage, as well as to share that beauty with us.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Thanks all for all the kind words Dusty!

I actually think I see the light at the end of the tunnel... Hopefully, this weekend will be as good, weatherwize, as last weekend.

Dave - not much cooking with the traveling and all, but Im making Dough today for this weekend. and as far as being ahead of you in the finish out, I have seen how fast you work...i wouldnt be surprised if you finished up before me!

George and Acoma - I have plans for stucco above the concrete structural layer and some kind of white rock to cover the cinder blocks...i plan on painting the stucco to match the side of my casa and stick a big rusty Texas Star above the arch - cause thats how us Texans roll...aside from cruizin the big stupid truck

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Steve,
    I think it's going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with the finish.
    G.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

You should do the whole oven with that rock look. Something special indeed.

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Well done sir. My mama taught me to give respect where respect is due. That looks truly awesome.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Wow !

That's looking really good.

You are so much further ahead of me now!

I think the stone arch is excellent.

What a beauty you are going to have!

Have you been doing any cooking?

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Ok...the weather here in Texas from Christmas thru New Years was great. This allowed me to get a few things done! First of all, I built up a shelf in front of the landing and sourced some nice Travertine. I then covered the front real nice and built an arch of white brick, rough cut. And FINALLY, I extended the front area out just a bit to allow me about 3.5 inches of insulation for the front where the metal arch transition piece is. I will probably fill with Perlite/Vermiculite concrete and be done with it. Next on my list is the roof. Anyway, here are the pics...

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

AND here is what I got for Christmas! an excellent gift, if i might say...

i think I know the perfect place to hang it...right above the arch!

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
    Looks good Steve.

Is that the front wall near the chimney that's getting hot, or up on top? If you're filling your enclosure with vermiculte or perlite, that may greatly reduce the problem with the heat transfer.
    the heat issue is the main reason for extending out my landing. I will be able to add some insulation in the front. Right now its too damn hot!

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    Kemo, curious as to why you decided to hide the beauty of your arch?
    I have actually reconsidered and will be extending the arch out about 5 inches to build a nice arch made of Austin Limestone

I have also sourced some Travertine tile that I will use in the landing transition.
    Last edited by Kemo; 12-26-2007, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Looks good Steve.

Is that the front wall near the chimney that's getting hot, or up on top? If you're filling your enclosure with vermiculte or perlite, that may greatly reduce the problem with the heat transfer.

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Kemo, your enclosure is looking really nice! Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Kemo, curious as to why you decided to hide the beauty of your arch?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X