Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Acoma 42" Tuscan

Acoma,
    You're doing a great job. No rush. Enjoy your family. The oven will be done before you know it.
    G.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Guess what? No rush indeed. We have a storm system coming towards us and they are calling it the biggest in 50 years. We may get a foot + at my elevation, but higher up should get maybe 10 feet. Well, we will see. Glad Costco is open, I will be stocking up in case. They say that if this is true, forget the main artery (I-80) for supplies, would be shut down for quite a while. And look out Colorado, you would get your share too.
      Well, I marked all the arch bricks today, cutting them tomorrow morning, then to the store for supplies, new blades, etc. Must be smart.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Quick, get your skis ready....
        GJBingham

-

Comment

Well, today I cut all the arch bricks. I may or may not get to doing the arch over the next week, depending on the storm system coming our way. It will drive me crazy with free time not spent getting the arch done. Like I said, arch then dome. I only hope the arch looks as good as the arch wall. going simple on the arch template, two plys cut to fit, seperated by small 2x4 block. I want to see each brick at the necessary spot with the ability to clean shortly afterwards. Who knows, maybe good, maybe bad idea. Ideas seem to be on the good so far.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

This is from last night. For us, this is a lot, but only storm one of three. We are supposed to get this much again tonight, then again Sunday night.
            I also wish to share how pissed I am with our electric company in Reno. Our quadrant aparently has a transformer that likes to blow during big storms, and the idiot company does not get backups. From our home we can see the entire valley. What did we see during the night, our own area blacked out (12 hours) with our home dropping to near 40's inside. Our family was freezing. Fricking idiot company. Was not fun to see the valley cozy and us screwed. Now we wait to see if it is repeated the next two nights? I will share as I can.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
              Our family was freezing. Was not fun to see the valley cozy and us screwed.
              That sucks!
              I assume you had strong winds too. We got slammed. My poor lil' oven house took a big hit. From your pics, it looks like yours held up. Doesn't look like the snow blew off of it.
              Good luck Robert.

dusty

Comment

Dusty, mine survived the 60+ mph winds due to each internal AND external corner being tied down to large cinder blocks, and roped around the tent as well. I need to get the tent at top re-adjusted, it is sagging with snow and water. The night was CRAZY. At least you had power.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Sorry to hear about the power outage. The whole coast got nailed by this one. Only wind and rain here though. Stay warm Robert!
                  G.
                  GJBingham

-

Comment

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
                    The night was CRAZY. At least you had power.
                    Storm was very powerful here in Sac. We lost power for a few hours Friday morning, but my neighbors right across the court, are still without.
                    I put my oven house back together with bailing wire and zip ties. Looks kinda like the salvation army oven tent now. Hunkered down and waiting for round two.
                    Hope all is well with you and your family.

dusty

Comment

Acoma..........I sympathise with you on your lack of power. This is a fact of life where we live. Even small thunderstorms can cause the power to go (or be turned off by the company) Best money I've spent lately was on a portable generator. Doesn't need to be very big. A 5kva would run your house essentials and keep you and the family warm. Sounds like a regular occurence so may be worth a thought!

Comment

Inishta, you may be right. We got another 1/2 foot over 24 hours, totalling nearly 2ft. here. And guess what, power went out AGAIN! This time only 3 hours, and of course, the valley had their power. Well, we look to have snow/ rain expectations for the next week, and how much, who knows. Power companies on profit are my concern. I will be theirs on Monday.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Well, at least you didn't have flooding, like those poor souls just a few miles away from you. Enjoy the snow, it will be gone too soon.
                          G.
                          GJBingham

-

Comment

Rob,
                            I got the ceramic block yesterday. Many, many thanks.
                            George
                            GJBingham

-

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot.....
                              I sent you a present from FB. You'll find a good use for it in the future.
                              G.
                              GJBingham

-

Comment

George, you did not have to do that, but thank you very much. Just want to help you guys out if I can. I will tell you when it (?) arrives.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Working...
                                X