X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimAZ
    replied
    Re: Acoma 42" Tuscan

Very nice! Looks like quite a lot of other patio work going on as well. The view from the deck is fabulous! I especially like the before picture of the weber. Keep those pics coming.. Tim

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Well, I have finally put my Picasa up. You can see some of the progress to the oven area, as well as some lovely family members. I have more to add. Next, to get pictures of Oven progress to the Gallery as well.
    I will admit my disappointment that nobody has offered any information to assist on this Thermocouple step. I will take steps to do it right though. I have started to build the support for the hearth slab.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Ok Team, I am going nuts reading all these threads about thermocouples and placement. I need some of you that have used your K type and please show the placement with close up. I would like to see the thermocouple installed, especially where some of you have them going through the cement at the hearth for floor readings. I will be building the support area for cement for the hearth. The last thing I want to do is pour the cement, then find out I should have used a couple 3/8" copper tubing for holes for thermocouples to go through. I also wish to get the model types of the digital readers used, as well as the thermocouples and placements of both. This may sound retarded my asking, but I want to caution on those of you whom have done it. Please show me visuals. I will plan on 5 thermos (2-floor, 2 dome wall for saturation, 1- air reading in dome-best placement?).
    I do hope to get response for this.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

The wall is now filled with concrete. Tarped for showers. Next is the concrete for hearth. Photos will be taken when I take the tarp off. I will also get the Picasa link for now so that photos can be seen as well.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

I will figure out the camera issue tomorrow. I feel like all talk, sharing my views, but no views of my own progress. Well, this must change. First will be to pour the holes. I will also be purchasing supplies to set up the hearth section.

Dusty, did you have a photo of the quality bricks from the yard? I will find out locally the cost per brick. This could help with quick determination. Also, maybe we could hook up for a beer if I do, my treat.
    Last edited by Acoma; 11-13-2007, 07:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by dusty View Post
    Did you figure out the camera thing yet?
    dusty
    Yeah, did ya?

Dave is ready for some pics too.!

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Yea, you really seem to be zoomin'. If you didn't have to wait for cement to dry, you might be done by now! Nice work.
    I know what you mean about the fuel costs... it may be about a wash. Especially because you will need a full size truck. I have a Toyota, but I live 2 miles from the brick yard. I bought 250 for $75 plus tax. I was suprized about the tax. I assumed that the "seconds" money just went into the beer fund or something.
    Did you figure out the camera thing yet?

Keep up the good work,
    dusty

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Thanks Dusty, I will calculate current 3.15 per gallon by miles round trip with per piece needed. Crazy the fuel prices now.
    I Just finished with the cuts and placement of the Angle Iron. I will be pouring the holes tomorrow. If I get lucky, I can pour the concrete for the hearth this weekend. Wow, once prepping the yard was done, it feels like speed (pace) and addiction (to the oven) take over.
    If I am successful, I plan to get the SuperIsol board in place sometime in early December. And that will get me to the DOME.......

Leave a comment:

• dusty
    replied

Sound like you're progressing rapidly! May be time for firebricks soon. I wanted to remind you of the "seconds" at H.C. Muddox for 30 cents. I have found them to be just fine. I trimmed up the sides on the floor bricks, but you would likely have to do that with the "firsts" also. May be worth a trip to Sac.

dusty

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Thanks Tim. I have been doing that. I wish to have the photos to share as well within the FB Gallery and the thread. I appreciate your assistance.
    I built the block wall. I now need to purchase the Angle Irons and Metal Blade (and more concrete to fill the block columns). Of course I will have photos Maybe for now I will get the Picasa album linked.

Leave a comment:

• TimAZ
    replied

Originally posted by Acoma View Post
    I still have the issues with photos.
    Outside of Forno, the best method to create an album is to download Picasa from Google (free) to organize your photos. After all of your pictures are organized by Picasa on your PC, create a Picasa web album (also free). Add the provided Picasa link to your Forno Bravo profile under signatures. Some of the best are Ken524 Picasa Web Albums - Ken - My Old Kentuc..., rlf5 Picasa Web Albums - R - Oven Progress and asudavew, Picasa Web Albums - Dwats. Of course, since my oven is still in design, my Picasa web album only shows my sons soccer pictures. Picasa Web Albums - Tim - Hammer Cup
    Last edited by TimAZ; 11-11-2007, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Well, I finished the pour on Friday with the help of my brother-in-law. Without him there is no way it could have been done. It took us 4.5 hours of mixing and pouring, insane time and work. the finished product was quite satisfactory to us. I still have the issues with photos. Tried the suggested method Ken, but no dice yet. I am going to get someone to look over the issue and show me a successful means. Trust me, I am not retarted (well, maybe with a camera). I do have foundation photos (prep and finish). Next weekend is the cinder block wall.

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

I hope you guys don't disappear for the winter.
    Nahhh. I'll be around. Kentucky is usually mild until mid January. I should be boring everyone with my numerous posts at least until them.

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

Ken, thank you very much. I am going to look through the details of what you suggested so that I may share the visual to the work.
    Les, I want to thank you for offering your mixer. I went to HD to buy one. I figure I will use it for a few projects anyway. As for material (sand, rock, and portland cement). Tomorrow is the day for mixing and pouring. Today I became so exhausted hauling barrel upon barrel of each (2.5cu.yds sand, 1.25cu.yds rock, and many bags of portland cement).
    Ken and Les, I want to say that I have huge respect for the details you both have done with your ovens to date, and that I am attempting to do mine with the same quality, slowly and patiently. I hope you guys don't disappear for the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Dave, I will be doing the foundation Friday. I will have the materials delivered tomorrow, and set up for Friday. It looks like costs are approx. $200 by rental mixer. Brother-in-law to help. For some reason the pictures have imaging that is too big to attach. I need to figure out why.
    Robert,

When you say "rental mixer", are you buying the premix or the materials to mix it yourself. If that's the case, you can borrow my mixer if you want.

Les...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X