Ceramic fibre rope what to attach it with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic fibre rope what to attach it with

I am planning on making a door out of two sheets of cut metal plate with a block of Calsil in the middle. I bought some 2" ceramic fibre rope that I thought would make a nice bit of insulation round the outside but I'm not sure what to attach it with. Is this something for high temperature epoxy? Is it safe given this touches the hearth?

I have been thinking along those lines myself. But, I am concerned about the exposed fibers of the rope. And, my door works pretty good without a soft seal.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I think that for door gasket Rutland makes a product for this. I haven't used but have been thinking about adding. Comes with adhesive IIRC
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Oh that's an idea. I've ordered a bit form amazon to have a play
        Last edited by kallipigous; 08-10-2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I used the gasket off a home gas oven. The fibers are alot tighter, ive attached it with a high heat temp adhesive.
          Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Traditionally Italians used bread dough or wet newspaper jammed around the door to create a seal.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I bought some gasket and it looks pretty good. I think that will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X