Oven landing question and looking for suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven landing question and looking for suggestions

I am wondering how to finish the landing in front of the oven. I plan on building a house around the oven that will be flush with the front of the vent arch.

Should it be flush with the oven floor? If not how do I keep the front few bricks in place?

If it should be flush what is the usual build up to get form the slab up the 2" of insulation board plus the 2.25" of fire brick?

Can I build a form and lay some foam in to take up space and then pour a concrete landing?

Is it ok to pour concrete against the insulation board? Also if I were to do this the house would be the form for the back edge of the landing.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

my landing was just like yours. I poured 2" of concrete against the insulation to build up the level, then poured a 2.5" counter in a form to but up against the opening. I think having te opening level with the counter is the way to go. Much easier to slide things in and out
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I like your enclosure design. Clean and simple. If you're not wanting to pour concrete, you could come out with bricks set on the side, as they are 4.5" tall, and mortar in those bricks. That's how I built my landing when I had 4.5" to build up to to be level with the floor.
      George

See my build thread here.

See my build album here.

Comment

Originally posted by gastagg View Post
        I like your enclosure design. Clean and simple. If you're not wanting to pour concrete, you could come out with bricks set on the side, as they are 4.5" tall, and mortar in those bricks. That's how I built my landing when I had 4.5" to build up to to be level with the floor.

That is a good solution and something to consider
        thanks

Comment

Working...
        X