No announcement yet.

36" Mobile Cast Neapolitan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys I was totally bummed yesterday went and got more material got everything in place and it started to thunder and lightning. As I'm sure most of you know out here in CA we haven't seen much fall from the sky lately other than smog so it was welcome but bad timing for me..

I have decided to make something like you mention David rather than adjust the angle as you suggested Bill. I agree the angle needs to be changed slightly but this would involve a complete do over of which I do not have the time. I'm pressing ahead with what I have and rolling the dice. After getting this on the trailer and set up I will be making a second oven as backup using the same mold but obviously modifying it. Live and learn right?

David I am unable to view the pics you posted. If that is what they are I just see to icons on your post at the end.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mefornaio View Post

David I am unable to view the pics you posted. If that is what they are I just see to icons on your post at the end.

Thanks again.
      Pics come up on both my desktop and iPad. Try clicking the icons.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Nope nothing I tried on my phone as well (Android)
        On the phone they are colored on laptop they are b&w nothing happens when clicking on either device.

Comment

That's odd, but hardly surprising. Here they are again. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n382407[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n382408[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n382409[/ATTACH]
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi
            If you are considering using your molds again I would use a latex mold skin on the out side and use your forms as a mother mold. Latex rubber is very inexpensive and is used widely in concrete casting work. build up about a 1/4" skin over the outside of your molds after your refractory mix hardens pull off the mother mold and peel off the latex. The latex rubber will have a memory of the mother mold so you can lay it back on perfectly. This makes de-molding very easy and much safer. Latex rubber is just brushed on to build up the thickness. I make alot of molds in my business and have used it with good results
            Bill

Comment

I wanted to add one thing if you decide to try this after you make your latex skin remove it and the place back on the mother mold that way it has no adhesion to it. There are lots of info on the web for using this product and tips to make it very easy.
              Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill appreciate it. I just saw this message Ive been crazy busy with this ventures multiple tasks. I still have yet to un mold this thing and Im dreading it honestly. I will post pics of the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                X