No announcement yet.

36" Midwestern Pompeii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the link, thats the dough I bought just haven't tried it yet.

Comment

I have a question for those that have built or own one of these ovens. I'm getting ready to get the exterior stone/brick on and have a couple questions.

- My cooking floor height is right at 40", I plan to have two wings on each side of the main doghouse with counter tops, likely about 2'x3'. Do you think I should also include a counter top in front of the oven opening?

- The distance from the face of the oven opening to the very back at floor height is 51.5" before any exterior brick/stone. I am 6'1" if this figures into equation.

What are you thoughts?

Comment

I've put together a CasaG90 from Forno Bravo and built one from brick. Both have a landing in front that allows me to work a bake item more easily. I would recommend you extend your current landing out a little...not too much, since the back of your oven will become a little more inaccessible

I've attached a photo of each of the landings so you can get an idea of what I mean. Incidentally, my home's brick oven is 45" deep and 39" wide and I do have to use tools to push/pull some roasting pans if they are in the back.
        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• admin
          admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Sable Springs, Thanks for buying our Casa 90!!

Great Casa pic, do you mind if we use that in an indoor gallery photo album on our site?

https://www.fornobravo.com/pizza-ove...r-pizza-ovens/

Feel free to include any info you might want us to provide (positive referral of a contractor, etc).

Tim
          Forno Bravo

Originally posted by Saluki View Post
        I have a question for those that have built or own one of these ovens. I'm getting ready to get the exterior stone/brick on and have a couple questions.

- My cooking floor height is right at 40", I plan to have two wings on each side of the main doghouse with counter tops, likely about 2'x3'. Do you think I should also include a counter top in front of the oven opening?

- The distance from the face of the oven opening to the very back at floor height is 51.5" before any exterior brick/stone. I am 6'1" if this figures into equation.

What are you thoughts?
        If you look at our Toscana product, built from the Casa oven, you will notice the throat of the oven is about 9" but we do an extended brick landing that adds about 7.5" to the front landing.

This is a comfortable depth to work tools inside the oven, and the extra real estate is handy for food prep and staging.

We do this with the concrete pad for the Toscana extends 4" past the oven mouth and we then add 7.5" cored brick, rebar and mortar to create the landing.

It overhangs 3.5", gives a nice aesthetic and very practical.

I included an installed version photo link to give you an idea of how it would look.
        Forno Bravo

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post

If you look at our Toscana product, built from the Casa oven, you will notice the throat of the oven is about 9" but we do an extended brick landing that adds about 7.5" to the front landing.

This is a comfortable depth to work tools inside the oven, and the extra real estate is handy for food prep and staging.

We do this with the concrete pad for the Toscana extends 4" past the oven mouth and we then add 7.5" cored brick, rebar and mortar to create the landing.

It overhangs 3.5", gives a nice aesthetic and very practical.

I included an installed version photo link to give you an idea of how it would look.
          So what is the distance from the front edge to furthest back reach of the oven?

Comment

• admin
            admin commented
            Editing a comment
            Their are four versions of this model. Each size is 4" larger than the other. The distance from the front edge to the internal back wall is 48" to 60" respectively. The landing plus the throat before you reach the internal chamber of the oven is 16" on all four models.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Soft opening of the pizza oven this past weekend. All in all it went pretty well and I learned quite a few things. Everyone raved about the pizzas, which were all great but will certainly improve. Cooked 4 regular and 2 gluten free.

I think I should have left the dough sit out a bit more since it wasn't near room temperature and was a little difficult to work early going, the last two were definitely easier.

Comment

• Got any pics of the GF pizzas? I'd like to see how the crust reacted in the oven.
                    My build thread
                    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
                      Got any pics of the GF pizzas? I'd like to see how the crust reacted in the oven.

That middle pizza in Post #98 is a GF. That was my second pie I've ever made so you can see where the one edge was much too think and it got a little roasted. Next time I'll get a shot of it once its sliced like the other above.

I actually think, and so did the wife, that the GF actually tasted better and had more flavor, perhaps its the olive oil used in the recipe.

Comment

Working...
                      X