No announcement yet.

Another WFO in the UK - 42" Pompeii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards and forwards constantly to the oven but everyone chipped in to help so it went smoothly, burnt the base of the first few and a few stuck to the peel so toppings ended up sliding off or we ended up with odd shaped pizzas but they all tasted fantastic! I didnt get many pictures of the finished pizzas as it was pretty hectic. Everyone loved it and i cant wait for the next party!

Comment

• Congratulations!
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Congrats brad, well done! It looks like you got some great rise on that crust!

Comment

• The more you use the oven, the better you get and working the nuances of the oven. I find the a wood peel works better for loading a new pizza as it sticks less and a SS banjo peel for turning and unloading. But you could try flouring up or corn meal the square peel more. Yeah, I made several accidental calzones my first few parties, look ugly but taste good.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Looks amazing. That long thin pizza looks pro.

I see lots of countertop granite being sold locally on Gumtree. It’s either off cuts or kitchen remodel throwaways. Could be what you need for your hearth etc? Tricky to cut I’d imagine...

Great work. G

Comment

• Be careful, granite does not stand up to heat well. How close will it be to the fire?
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                The more you use the oven, the better you get and working the nuances of the oven. I find the a wood peel works better for loading a new pizza as it sticks less and a SS banjo peel for turning and unloading. But you could try flouring up or corn meal the square peel more. Yeah, I made several accidental calzones my first few parties, look ugly but taste good.
                I was using a mix of flour and semolina on the peel but i think i wasnt generous enough with it, worked better this weekend putting more on. They all taste great no matter how they end up looking!

Originally posted by GeordieM View Post
                Looks amazing. That long thin pizza looks pro.

I see lots of countertop granite being sold locally on Gumtree. It’s either off cuts or kitchen remodel throwaways. Could be what you need for your hearth etc? Tricky to cut I’d imagine...

Great work. G
                Cheers! Yeah ive been keeping an eye out actually and have noticed quite a few bits come up for sale there, il keep looking for some bits big enough but seems like old kitchen worktops seems to be the most likely option

Originally posted by david s View Post
                Be careful, granite does not stand up to heat well. How close will it be to the fire?
                I keep hearing mixed opinions on granite and heat, it will go right up to the dome arch, i have a heat break on the dome so not sure exactly what temperatures it will be seeing, when you say it doest stand up well, is there a maximum safe temperature for constant use?

Comment

• Been hosting a few more pizza parties, haven't managed to get myself an insulated door yet so cant take advantage of doing anything other than pizza, learning all the time, but my dough keeps rising huge making it a struggle to stretch out nicely

Comment

• My friend acting like he knows how to handle the dough! We also made a birthday sweet pizza. Chocolate spread, marshmallows and strawberries, it actually turned out really nice, although it did not look pretty

Comment

• looks like you're really enjoying yourself with your oven congratulations
                      My Build Pictures
                      https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• Really nice build Brad, well done.

Your pics are inspiring too, will certainly assist me before I start my vent.

Cant believe tho, you Poms have enough sunlight to actually build one (tic)...
                        My Build

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...r-build-darwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Chach View Post
                          looks like you're really enjoying yourself with your oven congratulations
                          Thanks yes we are loving using it, really need to make a shelter to keep the weather off it

Originally posted by terratree View Post
                          Really nice build Brad, well done.

Your pics are inspiring too, will certainly assist me before I start my vent.

Cant believe tho, you Poms have enough sunlight to actually build one (tic)...
                          Thank you! if you need any more help or pictures feel free to give me a shout

Heres a few more pics of a temporary door i have made from aluminium, obviously not an ideal material but its only temporary until i get around to making an insulated one

Comment

• Brad,

I’d just like to say, what a fantastic job you have made of your oven & accessories, you should be very proud of yourself.

I’ve just spent the last hour trawling through your thread & looking longingly at the pictures!

I am not too far away from you, up in Alnwick. I’m planning on building an oven with reclaimed storage heater bricks as when roughly totting up the cost of the firebricks etc it’s hard to justify having spent the last 3 years putting an extension on & refurbing a house.

I’ve just finished the patio area over Xmas and hope to start the oven in the spring/summer, so if it’s ok with you I may be ‘picking your brains’ a bit later in the year. Saying that my son’s now 7 & we bought the house in 2016 with the promise of a treehouse so that might take precedence!

As you have said the wealth of experience, skills & the willingness to share it on this forum is amazing!

Regards,

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Tintan28 View Post
                              Brad,

I’d just like to say, what a fantastic job you have made of your oven & accessories, you should be very proud of yourself.

I’ve just spent the last hour trawling through your thread & looking longingly at the pictures!

I am not too far away from you, up in Alnwick. I’m planning on building an oven with reclaimed storage heater bricks as when roughly totting up the cost of the firebricks etc it’s hard to justify having spent the last 3 years putting an extension on & refurbing a house.

I’ve just finished the patio area over Xmas and hope to start the oven in the spring/summer, so if it’s ok with you I may be ‘picking your brains’ a bit later in the year. Saying that my son’s now 7 & we bought the house in 2016 with the promise of a treehouse so that might take precedence!

As you have said the wealth of experience, skills & the willingness to share it on this forum is amazing!

Regards,

David
                              Thanks David, Yeah im proud of how accurate things have turned out.

Im glad you have been entertained and found it interesting, thats my aim to share my build and document it so others can see and gain a little understanding too.

Yeah sure, if there is anything I can help you with that your unsure about id be happy to help and give advice as im sure others on here will too. If seeing the oven in person makes things easier then im more than happy to show you around mine just give me a shout

Good luck!

Comment

• Hi Brad,
                                Great build, been going through your pictures and love it!

Have a question for you as I'm getting ready to start building my own 42 inch here in Wicklow, Ireland.

What depth is you vent landing? The forno bravo manual recommends 8 inchs but this seems quiet short to me.
                                What were your measurements?

Comment

Working...
                                X